Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom decided to help clean out the garage by pouring one of my gas cans into my truck. She got about half gallon of gasoline 87 oct into the 33 or so gallons of biodiesel i have in there should i worry about anything?

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
i would.........gas and diesel doesn't sound good. :CRY::CRY:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even if it is mixed in there at that low of a ratio??? Its a 1:528 roughly.

·
Mod Maniac
132 Posts
na....run it, all is good

·
Registered
31 Posts
With that small amount of gas in that rather large amount of diesel... well if it were a VW diesel I'd say don't worry about it. I'd just fill the tank when it got about half way down. I'm still learning about Cummins diesels, but I can't imagine that they are that much different.

·
Registered
297 Posts
RUN IT. No worries.

·
Registered
751 Posts
nothing to worry about dump some oil in for extra lube and your golden

·
Registered
838 Posts
dad used to run a fuel buisness, he said that 1 to 100 was safe, i guess some old loggers used to do that to help prevent gelling in the cold weather.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
it should be fine but id put some 2 stroke oil in there to add a little lubricity

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Phew I really dint want to have to loose my 33 gallons of gold. I dumped in a pint of 2stroke so between that and the Bio I should be good. Heh at least my injectors are gona be clean.

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
My brother in law still mixes gas in the winter for his over the road trucks. These are new Freightliners. He says it helps gets back the power and MPG loss from the winter fuel. He always runs them a million miles and trades. Never had a catastrophic failure.

We obsess over our trucks because they are our hobby, but when you get down to it, a diesel engine is a pretty darn tough piece of equipment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts