Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
garrett stage 2 or 3 or aurora

im looking into the garrett powermaxx turbos like the stage 2 or three? anyone had any experience with them ? im running a hot rod pump with 100 hp injectors edge comp box stacked with the smarty and fass fuel. ive got a dd clutch on the way and was plannin on ordering studs at the same time. im hoping for about 50 psi boost at least?
or i was also looking into the aurora 5000 as a cheaper solution?
i dont tow much and if i do its 10,000 lbs at max

im up for any suggestions

·
Registered
301 Posts
i have the stage 2. i got a new comp box on the way so ill let you know how the egt's are. max boost i have seen thus far was 36 psi with the quad and egts were at 1300 on a long pull. i tow roughly 7k car+trailer and it has no problems. egts get to 900-1000 and stay there no matter what. ill tell you it lights pretty damn fast when i had the quad, now with just the smarty it doesnt seem to go as quick. i still have the stock air box on it though. i did open it up a lot, but i think the k&n pannel just cant flow the air needed. that turbo does sound badass when lighting up and cruising at 5-10psi

·
Got P7100?
6,714 Posts
Ive got the stg 3 on the truck i just got, it lights good and pulls strong. THe A5k would prob be too big for your setup, but any 62mm charger would be a good option for your setup.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so maybe like a 62/71/14? or 16? or what about an a4000?:confused013:

·
Got P7100?
6,714 Posts
The 62/71 for top end power, 65 for quicker spool and better bottom to mid power/14 would be a great charger for you. Dont know the sizes for the 4k, so i cant help with that part.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so what do you think about the suber b special i know its a 64 and its gonna have a bit more lag but for the boost im wanting im guessing im gonna have some

·
Got P7100?
6,714 Posts
The special will be laggy with the 100hp sticks. The 62 is good for 100-150hp sticks with a low egt, some guys even run 200hp sticks on a 62, but im sure it gets hot at wot. 64s are usually ran with a 150-220 hp injector(on our second gen 24valves)

Remember boost # is just a measure of the pressure waiting to go into the engine, it does have a lot to do with the amount of power you make, but airflow is much more important than overall boost #s. You could spin a 62 or 64 up to the 50psi, but the 64 will be moving more air at that psi than the 62 will. I would run the 62 if you dont plan on going to a bigger injector, imo a 150hp injector is the smallest i would run with the special.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts