Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had Garmon's Stage 2 (650 rwhp) installed at their facility. Took less than four hours. Great people. Rick builds a great tranny; even let me watch while he built a second Stage 2 as mine was going in. Gave me the entire component description. This box is built.

I drove five hours and it was worth every mile.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Good luck!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Maybe he was just saying good luck with your new tranny! But i know that i won't be purchasing one after the whole fiasco of the stage 2 grenades tranny thread.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Garmon's Diesel Transmission

I did significant research on all the major transmission builders. None of them have perfect records. Garmon's had the most favorable "press" out there.

As for "grenades;" anything is better than the crap 48RE Chrysler built. Mine imploded at 69,000 miles and my rig had zero power upgrades. The Reman wasn't much better; spitting out a torque converted in under two years. Aftere that, I made up my mind.

Came down to Garmons and Sun Coast. Jeff told me he actually started his career at Sun Coast.

All best regards

Highheat71

·
Registered
463 Posts
Congrats mate let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've got a stage 3 also and absolutely love it. They've got my business from now on for sure
Also my teacher at school who was a engineer for cummins for a good while said he knew Jeff personally and would recommend him to anybody

·
Registered
601 Posts
I did significant research on all the major transmission builders. None of them have perfect records. Garmon's had the most favorable "press" out there.

As for "grenades;" anything is better than the crap 48RE Chrysler built. Mine imploded at 69,000 miles and my rig had zero power upgrades. The Reman wasn't much better; spitting out a torque converted in under two years. Aftere that, I made up my mind.

Came down to Garmons and Sun Coast. Jeff told me he actually started his career at Sun Coast.

All best regards

Highheat71
many of us have them with NO problems, (300k+ on mine), they are built for exactly as advertised use... but if you wanna sled pull/race/holeshot 'em then you should have had it 'biult' for that in the first place...

its funny how people put down a product when they do things with it that are not intended for...

so if u bought a 65" plasma tv, kicked it thru beer bottles at it and the damm thing broke, you would say "what a piece of shytt"...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Have a garmon stage 2.5 basically their stage 3 without the comp valve body pressures. Can't say one bad thing about the trans or service. Travel 13hrs one way from pa to have it installed. Great shop and great people

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll say it again: My truck was bone stock when the box blew. No racing, sled pulling or otherwise abusing my ride. And unless u were born on another planet, u should know that the diesel truck world has the Dodge 727 based transmissions as a bad third behind GM (Allison) and Ford. the TDR crowd will confirm that fact. Even at stock HP/torque they are marginal. Don't know about the 68RE or Aisin.

All best regards and no offense intended.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Your beast been on a dyno yet?
If you were askin me, no it hasn't been on rollers yet but I'm guessin some where around 500hp. I've got some more work to do before I try it out

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Thanks for letting us know your got your trans built. Let me ask, what is your point?
My point is you are not very capable of writing a sentence that spellcheck can't correct while trying to crap on someone. :confused013:
But you have been thanked two times by people who understand you so far.:doh:

I believe his point is he just bought a new mod for his truck and is very pleased. Just another happy consumer wanting to share I believe.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
15,609 Posts
And unless u were born on another planet, u should know that the diesel truck world has the Dodge 727 based transmissions as a bad third behind GM (Allison) and Ford.
That would be a Ford or GM planet not the planet where most of us live. The problems with the Ally and TS behind less engine than an ISB is well documented. There is a reason why the engine is severely derated those transmissions are used behind a Cummins, it eats them. ;)

There is also a very good reason why when the wick gets turned for competition those transmisisons get replaced. With an old 727 based transmission that actually works more than 1 full pass.

Some people can break an anvil in a sand box, doesn't mean the anvil is bad.

Congrats on the trans, may it give you long and excellent service.

My condolences if it does not, to both.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts