Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i wanted to see if my truck would fit in my garage. and it can but its not practical. the pics tell the story. and no i didn't have the guts to let the motor lower the garage door i did that by hand just in case!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Tight fit for sure... definitely not a daily parking option...but at least if you ever travel you know you can squeeze her in there lol

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
lol reminds me of my 07 F150. I had to bump the wall and put the park brake on. After that, there was 1" between the garage door and the bumper. My current truck sticks out 14" of the garage.

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
At least you know where you can put it when a Hurricane comes. These things are good to know where I live in "hurricane ally." That is tight for sure!!!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
At least you know where you can put it when a Hurricane comes. These things are good to know where I live in "hurricane ally." That is tight for sure!!!
lol the hurricane wind will push the door and keep bumping his truck!!!

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
Actually -- During Hurrican Wilma in 2005, there were 110 mile per hour winds. The roof peeled off the elementary school across the street from me. I was running from window to window / door to door putting towels down as the water was being forced in -- and they were all covered and boarded.

When all of the sudden I heard creaking and growling coming from the garage. I look and I see the garage door flexing right in front of my eyes as the eye of the storm was approaching and changing the direction of the wind.

I took some moving pads and blankets, draped them over the hood of the truck (3rd gen 2005 that was BRAND NEW) which was backed in, then let it roll ever so gently until it hit the garage door, bolstering it.

I swear that kept the garage door from blowing in. Truck wasn't harmed. Once you lose a garage door in a hurricane you're toast because the pressure will blow your house up from the inside out.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Actually -- During Hurrican Wilma in 2005, there were 110 mile per hour winds. The roof peeled off the elementary school across the street from me. I was running from window to window / door to door putting towels down as the water was being forced in -- and they were all covered and boarded.

When all of the sudden I heard creaking and growling coming from the garage. I look and I see the garage door flexing right in front of my eyes as the eye of the storm was approaching and changing the direction of the wind.

I took some moving pads and blankets, draped them over the hood of the truck (3rd gen 2005 that was BRAND NEW) which was backed in, then let it roll ever so gently until it hit the garage door, bolstering it.

I swear that kept the garage door from blowing in. Truck wasn't harmed. Once you lose a garage door in a hurricane you're toast because the pressure will blow your house up from the inside out.
oh yeah. doesn't the house implode if the winds catches it?

·
Yes Really
1,029 Posts
man that is close! i couldnt park my last truck in the garage. the braces on the door would come down on the bumper!

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
oh yeah. doesn't the house implode if the winds catches it?
If you lose your garage door it's party over. It will blow the attic door in the garage (if you have yours there like many of the houses do in S. Florida) up and then blow the roof off from the inside out.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Ur pictures make me glad when I built my house in 09 we made our garage 28' deep.:cool:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Reactions: BOOST!! and bjbjl6

·
Registered
796 Posts
Try living in AZ... I only just barely have enough room for my '66 to fit in there. I don't see any way this truck would. (although now I'll have to try and see how close I get)

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
My Mega Cab fits only on 1 side of the garage, only if I back in and only if I block the door going into the house. Let's just say I walk around to the front door quite a bit:

-Guzzler

·
Registered
581 Posts
:rof

Glad I'm not the only one. I have to fold both my mirrors in and pin the garage door up as high as it can go. I still only have 1" on either end, and less than 2" overhead.

I can't even get bigger tires or a lift, otherwise I'm SOL on where to put my truck when those nasty storms hit.

Reactions: BOOST!!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts