1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gale Banks To Moderate Clean Diesel Automaker Roundtable
California Diesel Days – Sacramento – April 2, 2009
Unique Event Hosted By Robert Bosch LLC

Azusa, Calif. - - Gale Banks has been chosen to moderate the Clean Diesel Automaker Roundtable at the upcoming California Diesel Days conference to be held on Thursday, April 2, 2009 in Sacramento, California.

The program, hosted by Robert Bosch LLC, is a unique gathering of automotive industry, state government, and environmental organization representatives focusing on clean diesel passenger vehicle technology. The event will be held in the first floor ballroom at the Citizen Hotel on J Street near the California capitol.

As a part of the day’s schedule of events Banks will moderate a roundtable discussion entitled: “What’s Hot Now? What’s For Sale in California? What’s Coming Soon for Clean Diesels?” from 10am to noon. During the two hour session panelists will make brief presentations and take questions from the moderator and other roundtable participants as well as from the audience.

The roundtable format is designed to engage California legislators, regulators and other attendees in the discussion about immediate benefits Clean Diesel passenger vehicles offer for reducing vehicle petroleum consumption and CO2 emissions. In addition, the program will promote science- and fact-based dialogue on a level regulatory playing field for near-term technologies reducing CO2 emissions and increasing fuel economy. “This is an opportunity for the leaders in our industry for some meaningful dialogue with the regulators and rulesmakers about vitally important issues which affect us all,” said Banks.

Among the participants in the day-long event are: Audi of America, BMW North America, the California Air Resources Board, the California Energy Commission, the Center for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Technologies, Daimler AG, the International Council on Clean Transportation, the Natural Resources Defense Council, Robert Bosch LLC, Volkswagen of America, and Gale Banks Engineering. The event will be attended by many state legislators, and other members of state and local governments.

PLEASE NOTE: A live webcast of the proceedings is offered.
Go to: Clean Diesel Delivers for more information and to register for this great opportunity to discover the future of cutting edge clean diesel passenger vehicle technology in one of America’s most influential markets

·
Registered
899 Posts
:shock::shock::shock::S::confused013::doh::hehe::hehe:here we go lettin the calif. lawmakers run the show. :hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
899 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
:shock::shock::shock::S::confused013::doh::hehe::hehe:here we go lettin the calif. lawmakers run the show. :hehe::hehe:
These idiots in Calif can't even do their basic job of setting the budget. How are they going to take on more responsibility when they already can't meet what they have now?:confused013: (Gale Banks issue aside here)

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
id rather all the tree huggers move 2 the african rain forest and take their prius with them:thumbsup:
As we live in reality, that's unlikley to happen. At the very least there's going to be sombody representing the diesel performance industry. Otherwise they may decide to shut us down all together.

These idiots in Calif can't even do their basic job of setting the budget. How are they going to take on more responsibility when they already can't meet what they have now?:confused013: (Gale Banks issue aside here)
They're going to do it one way or another. Might as well try to guide them through it. We obviously can't let them do it on their own:D

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please at least read and understand what it's about before posting. If you have some political statment to make constantly do it in the right forum.

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
Hey wow someone from Banks actually making an appearance on the site, cool! Please let Gale know that we hope he has a good time and that we hope we can still roll some serious coal after the conference is over. Also, I would buy his intercooler if it was cheaper. Thank you very much.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
well i just hope that with all of our "clean diesels" we can make up for the rest of the world that has some of the best super dupper high sulfer fuel for about a dollar a gallon, if that...:thumbsup:

as for bash'n Gale Banks...well...just not feel'n it today...he has done alot of good in my opinion, before he got all big headed and what not....i think though the only thing i would buy from him now is the twin ram intake for the 12vers...cause i'm sorry (not really) but for a 2nd gen and back cummins, (i'm leave'n out the otheres) to make power you're gonna have alot of smoke to a certian degree, unless you are cheat'n and spray'n the crap out of your truck...just some random thoughts here...:sofa1:

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Hey wow someone from Banks actually making an appearance on the site, cool! Please let Gale know that we hope he has a good time and that we hope we can still roll some serious coal after the conference is over. Also, I would buy his intercooler if it was cheaper. Thank you very much.
I think it's cool as well. I hope he makes some progress with some of the folks that have been fighting to keep diesels off the road.

Was he one of the folks that helped get the approval for testing the aftermarket components? I think it was SEMA??

I wish him well and hope he has a successful seminar!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Please let Gale know that we hope he has a good time and that we hope we can still roll some serious coal after the conference is over. .
I dont even know where to start on this comment. But I will be as nice as I can.

read what they are meeting about. CLEAN DIESEL. this doesnt involve smoking out an intersection, Gale is against rolling coal. So keep hoping.

my opinion:
There is a time and a place for rolling coal and it isnt at every intersection through town. Thats a good way to have high performance parts discontinued, traffic tickets, emission laws, etc

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
I dont even know where to start on this comment. But I will be as nice as I can.

read what they are meeting about. CLEAN DIESEL. this doesnt involve smoking out an intersection, Gale is against rolling coal. So keep hoping.

my opinion:
There is a time and a place for rolling coal and it isnt at every intersection through town. Thats a good way to have high performance parts discontinued, traffic tickets, emission laws, etc
Who said anything about intersections? :confused013: Come on man look at my sig I can't black out an intersection!

·
Registered
317 Posts
yeah ok :buttkick:

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

my opinion:
Who said anything about intersections? :confused013: Come on man look at my sig I can't black out an intersection!
The main issue here is the law makers are getting blasted with info from the enviro groups that make the diesel performance industry and diesel performace truck owners look like the biggest threat to human kind since the H-bomb. What proof are they using? The hundreds of videos on you tube, face book, photo bucket (just to name a few) showing people "rolling coal" on a public street, in a parking lot, on the highway, and basicly anywhere except the track. Then they look into public forums where folks brag about the amount of smoke they make, how they will remove their emission equipment the first chance they get, how they just smoked out a prius or those protestors for (incert what ever cause you don't like here), and then people wonder why these laws keep getting tighter? Gale has had discussions in the past with the EPA where they have stated, point blank, that one of their options was to shut down the performance diesel industry all together. Actually make it illegal to alter the factory fueling tables, boost levels, or any hardware that deals with air delivery or fuel delivery that alters from the factory design. This is why it's so important to have somebody from the performance industry, along with automakers to actually sit down and talk with lawmakers to come up with a way that will benifit everybody. I should point out here that Gale didn't ask to be moderating this event, he was invited. By people from both sides of the table in fact. I belive the web cast will be up today for thoses who want to see it.

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
The main issue here is the law makers are getting blasted with info from the enviro groups that make the diesel performance industry and diesel performace truck owners look like the biggest threat to human kind since the H-bomb. What proof are they using? The hundreds of videos on you tube, face book, photo bucket (just to name a few) showing people "rolling coal" on a public street, in a parking lot, on the highway, and basicly anywhere except the track. Then they look into public forums where folks brag about the amount of smoke they make, how they will remove their emission equipment the first chance they get, how they just smoked out a prius or those protestors for (incert what ever cause you don't like here), and then people wonder why these laws keep getting tighter? Gale has had discussions in the past with the EPA where they have stated, point blank, that one of their options was to shut down the performance diesel industry all together. Actually make it illegal to alter the factory fueling tables, boost levels, or any hardware that deals with air delivery or fuel delivery that alters from the factory design. This is why it's so important to have somebody from the performance industry, along with automakers to actually sit down and talk with lawmakers to come up with a way that will benifit everybody. I should point out here that Gale didn't ask to be moderating this event, he was invited. By people from both sides of the table in fact. I belive the web cast will be up today for thoses who want to see it.
Do you know if the EPA actually has the power to do that? Sounds like a long-shot. Would they not have to do the same to gassers to be fair? I guess they don't have to be fair though huh?

I will be looking for the web cast. Any idea where the link will be?

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you know if the EPA actually has the power to do that? Sounds like a long-shot. Would they not have to do the same to gassers to be fair? I guess they don't have to be fair though huh?

I will be looking for the web cast. Any idea where the link will be?

Actually yes they do. Right now the laws center around the result of adding these parts. In the case of gas applications it's not illegal to install most aftermarket parts as long as they meet the emission requirments and are certified. So if you install an aftermarket high flow cat, but it doesn't function as well or better then the factory part it's replacing, then it's illegal. Now in the case of diesels no such test exists yet so it's gone largely unenforced. That's going to change soon but again, if the part doesn't effect the emission output, and doesn't disable any of the existing emission equipment, then it can be certified and made legal for use. The EPA could however put through a blanket law stating that ALL aftermarket modifications that alter fueling calibrations from the factory settings on any truck orginally licenced through the DOT/DMV are not legal for sale or use. So if it EVER came with a licence plate you can't alter the fueling at all. It would simply take wording to include "sale or use on any federal poloution controled vehilcle" and a little enforcment on their part and "POOF" no more diesel aftermarket. We don't want to see that obviously. The link to the web cast is on the first page.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.