Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Recently bought my truck, and was getting 10MPG, I changed the fuel filter and was getting close to 15MPG. I did a bunch of basic mods oincluding timing and nothing seemed to improve, I thought i was driviing it like granny, but apparently I was not. I bought a ScanGaugeII, and started watching the way I was driving. I gte 18-21MPG depending on traffic. I noticed short trips, under 5 miles result in bad mileage because of traffic lights. If you can beat a light your mileage will be better. I started to turn the truck off at really long lights. Also accelerating at 1500rpm gave me worse MPG than just accelerating slightly faster and stopping at 45 or 50 and holding it there. I got good MPG at 50, 45 is good too, but when you drop to 35 or less mileage is drastically less. Current MPG at 30 or 35 is like 15MPG, and 40 is like 19MPG or 20MPG. at 45 and 50 it is about 23MPG. If you feel you need to stop soon, just coast, the MPG will raise to 30 or 40MPG until you stop and it will be 0MPG for the duration of the stop. I definitely think the ScanGaugeII helped my MPG. There is a new feature where you can add a gauge, I tried to add horsepower, but I couldn't get it to work.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Put your silencer ring back in and you may get a small increase. I would NOT be turning my truck off at lights. Hard on starter and engine, If you are this worried about milage you may be a good candidate for a commuter car. (No offense)

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Your gonna burn up your turbo if you keep shutting it off right away (lights) That $700 turbo will buy lots of diesel. The starter won't last either.

·
Registered
114 Posts
So the siliencer ring will make your mpg go down??????:CRY:

·
Registered
337 Posts
So the siliencer ring will make your mpg go down??????:CRY:
Nothing noticeable lol. O yeah driving on the phone will too :lol3:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Silencer WILL NOT lower your mileage nor gain you any. Any changes are only because your foot is in it more listening to the whistle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts