Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I want to know is what is the G-56's stock clutch capabilities? When I put on a tuner I want to know what setting I can safely put it on. Also what am I looking at for a SB clutch w/ installation price wise (just a ballpark)? Right now I'm running around town on the Power Pucks 90 HP setting w/ no slippage at all FYI. Thanks in advanced. :$:

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Smarty on 90 and Puck on stock is the most people recommend...Smarty's 90hp and the pucks 90hp are going to be two completely different things.

·
Registered
105 Posts
well as my sig says im running my truck all out. CrazyLarry stacked with Edge. My clutch is holding up but it wont for long

·
Registered
708 Posts
I had to replace mine at 6500 miles due to hard shifting and being stuck in reverse...but now its fine, cant tell what the previous owner did to it..

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good. Thanks guys. :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I got all the things listed below and it holds. only slip is a 4wd 2k launch.

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got all the things listed below and it holds. only slip is a 4wd 2k launch.
Maybe it says in your sig but I'm a moron. What lvl are you running your BullyDog in most of the time?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Smarty Jr on 100 and predator 60 hp fuel box and mine would slip under WOT. 15000 miles on new truck.

·
Registered
106 Posts
its fine with my bdtd on preformance and ts up all the way. crazy larry and ts all the way up with hold wot just not a 2nd gear launch from 2k

·
Registered
476 Posts
I've got smarty jr and run it on sw3 100hp full time over the last 5,000 or so miles with the stock clutch. It's never slipped but I don't beat on my truck. Check SB website for prices I think a Con OFE runs about $1200 best I could find on having it installed was $400 now I'm figuring on doing it myself.

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've got smarty jr and run it on sw3 100hp full time over the last 5,000 or so miles with the stock clutch. It's never slipped but I don't beat on my truck. Check SB website for prices I think a Con OFE runs about $1200 best I could find on having it installed was $400 now I'm figuring on doing it myself.
Will do, thanks. :thumbsup

·
Banned
393 Posts
They say a stock tranny is good up to about 400hp, and that according to diesel tech mag.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I am guessing that is with the manual? Wonder how comparable the automatic is?

·
Registered
732 Posts
i have seen it hold up to a 100hp for quite a while its all a matter of what condition it in right now. i got my sbc dual disc installed for 400 dollars

·
Registered
493 Posts
with preditor on performance(100hp) and puck off=fine. preditor performance and puck on anything=bad. clutch doesn't slip it just don't disengage.

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have seen it hold up to a 100hp for quite a while its all a matter of what condition it in right now. i got my sbc dual disc installed for 400 dollars
Not a bad deal at all.. Thanks!

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
with preditor on performance(100hp) and puck off=fine. preditor performance and puck on anything=bad. clutch doesn't slip it just don't disengage.
You're running the "U7131" Predator right? If so, how do you like it? I've heard a lot of people complaining about rough idles.

·
Registered
708 Posts
rent a transmission jack, it will save you a hole lot of time and trouble.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I could probably buy one from harbor freight for about the price of renting one.. Whattaya think about it? :D

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
had to replace mine at 6500 miles due to hard shifting and being stuck in reverse...but now its fine, cant tell what the previous owner did to it..
I have this problem with my truck only 5000 miles on it but it has done it since it was new. I have never had it at full throttle on any high settings. I think it is a problem with the clutch. ???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts