Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck info: 73k Miles, 2016 G56 2500, with a 6.7 Cummins. Only mod is turbo back 4" and lots of metal fell off 1,500 miles ago.

I need help diagnosing an issue on my truck. The issue is on each cold start my truck wont get past 2100 to 2250 RPMS in second gear. Instead it starts stuttering and dumping blue and white smoke and looses power sounding like its missing. It only does this for the first 5 min of driving then clears up. I was told that it was my throttle valve sticking due to carbon build up. I opened it up and its functioning perfectly fine with no sticking action. I removed it for the time being to test if that was the case. It was not. I was also directed to check for an EGR or boost leaks. completely clean and tidy engine bay no leaks of any kind and everything is tight and sitting right. Both those suggestions were valid and I thought the issue but now I am at a complete loss. Its basically stock with no hot rodding or intense driving. I don't want to believe its injectors this early with no abusive use but I may be wrong. I have datalogs if anyone wants to see the truck data during the issue to help me out.

Thanks for any help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts