Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying a 06 cummins with the g56. I went an drove it and the tranny made some very bad vibrations an noises. It also shifted like schit. The dealership is willing to fix the tranny but are the g56's very problematic?

·
Registered
708 Posts
I had to replace clutch at 6500 miles, but shifts great now.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
the g56 tranys a good 1 but its the flywheels the prob. the duelmass fly wheel gets out of round and will viberate and make noise common prob. if your going to add power to it i would put sb duel disc set up in it i know guys that had changed the stock flywheel 2 times before it hit 100,000

·
Registered
205 Posts
If you are looking for a DD clutch here is a couple. The guy selling them is a sratight shooter. As a matter of fact he is the only person that I will let work on my truck.

Advanced Diesel/G56 dd clutches

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So it is more than likely the clutch? thats good to know. I know that powerstrokes allways had trouble with the dual mass flywheels too. I am goin to call them tommorow and tell them if they get it fixed I will buy it. May be able get them to put a good single mass flywheel in it too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts