Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm currently looking to install a gooseneck hitch in the bed of my 05 ram 3500. Just wondering if anybody has pros and cons for the different types of hidden ball set ups available.
Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
There are a hundred threads on here about this. But my vote, and the majority here, will all vote for the B&W Turnover ball hitch.

·
Here to learn
1,440 Posts
^^^What he said. The best there is.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I recently had my local shop install a GN plate. In the past they have always installed B & W Turnovers. This time, I didn't even discuss it and just dropped off the pick up to have one installed. They installed an Atwood flip flop piece of crap. I now have a 1/4 inch plate in my box. Also they cut a larger hole to accomodate the flipping motion of the ball. If you want any pics, let me know. Its too late now, but I would have preferred the B&W.

·
Registered
97 Posts
B&W, It's easy to install and gives great service.

·
Registered
245 Posts
b and w gets my vote

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
B&W makes a great hitch, my friend has one. Can't go wrong there. I have a Diamond Hitch in my '02, and I am also pleased with it. I think it is very comparable to the B&W, either one is a good tough hitch. Install was easy on my Diamond Hitch, I did it in my driveway (before I had a shop). :) Link here: Blue Ox

-Chuck

·
Registered
67 Posts
B&W ALL THE WAY!! I Love my B&W no complaints!!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Just ordered my B&W today! Got it off Ebay, $288 delivered!!!! Brand new, from an ebay store.

I'd been checking around, the dealer wanted $575 installed and $430 over the counter brand unknown. One ebay store had a good price on what he called a "mopar brand" for just over 200 shipped, but when I called and told him I had a Megacab, that price went to 378 + 50 bucks shipping. Then there are a few ebay stores selling for 350 shipped, which I thought was pretty good until I found the guy for 288 shipped, any model of truck.

4 hours ago he had three left, better hurry!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
B&W in mine. I love it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Surprise!!!

B&W :thumbsup

·
Registered
56 Posts