Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my truck was running bad so i took off the exust and chips ect and took it in thay said it was the g 30 so thay did it and the truck runs good but can i stick my old fooler box on or do i need a new one if so any one have h&s phone # thanks

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
you should be fine to put the stuff back on.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,131 Posts
Your box will still work with your flash. I had the 2nd gen H&S box on before and after I got the G30 and AX flash with no troubles. I now have the 3rd gen plug and play from them on now. The only differance I have noticed is the dpf delete throws the OHC crazy now from the AX versus my original flash which said system OK always with the dpf delete. I do clear codes on start up but I wanted to see if I got the same cat full message as others did when they got the AX flash and it does now. But everything is good and dash light free as long as I clear codes on start up.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Your box will still work with your flash. I had the 2nd gen H&S box on before and after I got the G30 and AX flash with no troubles. I now have the 3rd gen plug and play from them on now. The only differance I have noticed is the dpf delete throws the OHC crazy now from the AX versus my original flash which said system OK always with the dpf delete. I do clear codes on start up but I wanted to see if I got the same cat full message as others did when they got the AX flash and it does now. But everything is good and dash light free as long as I clear codes on start up.
I was just curious why you switched to the Plug and play from the splice kit if the 2nd gen was working? I have the 2nd gen spilce and dice kit and (knock on wood) has worked like a champ.

Are you saying the overhead is showing a Cat full message or is that if you do not clear codes?

·
5,059 Posts
I popped the Cat Full the other day when i didnt let the Edge Clear the codes.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I popped the Cat Full the other day when i didnt let the Edge Clear the codes.
Is that with a 2nd gen box? If I forget to clear at start up I think I throw P0244, but nothing else. I am debating if I should switch to one of the new boxes from Bay Area or H&S, but if it is not broke why fix it, is my thinking at the moment.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,131 Posts
I was just curious why you switched to the Plug and play from the splice kit if the 2nd gen was working? I have the 2nd gen spilce and dice kit and (knock on wood) has worked like a champ.

Are you saying the overhead is showing a Cat full message or is that if you do not clear codes?
I put the plug and play on because the weather here is the craps in winter with lots of snow, slush and salt. I didn't want one of my splices to corrode or fail so I put the plug and play on which has soldered connections and heat shrink. Just for safteys sake. I have the 2nd gen as a back up if this 3rd gen ever fails.

If I dont clear codes on start up I now get the cat full message from the dpf delete and all the ding dings with the AX flash. As before when I had my factory flash and the dpf delete and I forgot to clear codes on start up my OHC wood always say SYSTEM OK. Its the AX flash for me that throws mt OHC goofy now.

·
5,059 Posts
I have the second Gen box from H&S.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts