Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out the hard way. :doh:

If you install Coastal E Tech's Lockpick on a REC unit, your Mopar factory iPod will no longer work properly.:banghead: -for me it just plays about 30 sec of a song then stops.

I alerted Coastal E tech about the problem, not too sure they will be doing anything about it.

I just wanted to share the info before someone else thinks it will work for them.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Factory iPod?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
You mean the Aux input jack?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think he means the factory hard drive in the nav unit stereo option.

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
The REC nav does not have a hard drive it in like the my gigs
Please give us more information I was about to order a lockpick for my REC radio
becuase I need a backup camera and Chrysler only has the option in the starscan to turn it on in the Grand Cherokee's, My truck also has the factory VES which has inputs in it for video and sound. How do you use the OEM setup without the lockpick to control your Ipod? I was under the impression that only sound would come out of it like it does on my RB1 in my minivan with the VES with the jacks. I have not tried the iphone in the truck since I dont drive it much now that I have the minivan. did your 07 radio have the white connector for the camera? if so what month was your truck built? I need to pull mine and see if it's there before investing 350.00 my truck was built in March of 07 in Mexico

for those wondering what we are talking about here is a link
REC NAV LOCKPICK

·
08 Cummins
2,148 Posts
Personally, I would avoid that particular Mopar Adapter. It uses the FM modulation and from my experience you end up with a lot of interference and a crappy signal.

This is the one that I have and I really like it.
82209617AD - iPod Interface Parts and Accessories
I know it's more expensive but it works great.

Just my .02

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I linked the wrong unit. :doh:

My Mopar unit does NOT use an FM transmitter. You can even control the iPod with the steering wheel controls.

I'm sure someone on here knows which one that is -it eludes me right now.:confused013:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Do you guys that have the factory ipod integration have a 2nd gen touch by chance? Wondering if it charges with this kit. My dealer is telling me the kit is now discontinued from Dodge. Just trying to figure out the best way to go to get an ipod hook up.

·
Registered
704 Posts
My factory IPOD adapter charges and works just fine on my IPHONE. I have the hard wired unit. NOT the FM modulator.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'm prob gonna keep my lockpick -i enjoy the features too much. :party018:
i did find a new bug with it today.
the automatic backup camera feature doesn't work when in tow/haul mode. I still need to troubleshoot it to make sure it isnt something i did.
As far as cust service, they told me it would work with my factory iPod, but it doesnt. :confused013:

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
so besides the backup camera what special features does it have for one that already has the factory VES and and unlock DVD with in motion navigation?
my VES has audio and video inputs and it reads on their page that you cannot run the VES through the REC screen or add another player or Ipod if the VES is connected?? it would be nice to find a company making an interface to use the backup camera wirhout all of the other bells and whistles that do nothing for someone like me. 350.00 for a backup camera is expensive but i may spend the money since I cannot see when backing up well

1 - 14 of 14 Posts