Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think I got it figured out tonight. Someone has been into the wiring on my truck before so some of the wire colors did not match what you had mentioned but I was able to trace them back and I believe I have everything where it should be. I fired the truck up and everything worked as it should and so far nothing has caught fire so I'm thinking I will be good. Thank you very much for your help and for this awesome write up. It's kind of expensive but will definitely be worth it in the long run

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I think I got it figured out tonight. Someone has been into the wiring on my truck before so some of the wire colors did not match what you had mentioned but I was able to trace them back and I believe I have everything where it should be. I fired the truck up and everything worked as it should and so far nothing has caught fire so I'm thinking I will be good. Thank you very much for your help and for this awesome write up. It's kind of expensive but will definitely be worth it in the long run
Not a problem, glad you figured it out.

You are right, there are cheaper ways to do it; done right, this will be the last time you'll ever have to deal with fusible link or power wiring problems. Do it once, do it right IMO.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just discovered this thread.

Seems like a lot of great information, especially for newbie 1st Gen owners.

Sucks about the images.

Truckjerk,

Any chance you can fix the pics on this thread?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just discovered this thread.

Seems like a lot of great information, especially for newbie 1st Gen owners.

Sucks about the images.

Truckjerk,

Any chance you can fix the pics on this thread?
Pics fixed, thanks for posting here, I have been chasing threads fixing pics for a week since PB decided to charge an excessive amount of money to host pics. I have since changed photo hosting sites. :smile2:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Do you know if on the Freightliner disconnect # A06-72138-013 you listed,
does it need a maintained or momentary closure to operate it?

Looking at the Freightliner schematics and operators manuals, that electrical system is a nightmare especially the way it sheds loads during a circuit failure.

Your truck look clean under the hood, has it been repainted?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Registered
70 Posts
I’m kinda late to the party but I have a 90 model and I’m getting ready to do this on I was just wondering if the wire colors would all be the same throughout 89-93

·
Premium Member
20,059 Posts
The colors should be the same, mainly you need to go by the wire size.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes I will use the same size wire I just ment where they come out of the main harness the wires be the same colors for the same circuits so I know I’ve gotten them right

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Also I have this mounted on the drivers inner fender between the battery and heater solenoids any idea what it is for
That is the starter relay. The brown wire will go right to your starter solenoid. Red is battery power. Yellows are relay power and ground from the ignition switch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To all,

The freightliner MIDI/ATC fusbox used in this article is a Blue Sea Systems SafetyHub 100 Fuse Block #7725. I am not going to bother with this one I will be installing a SafetyHub 150 Fuse Block #7748. This allows one more MIDI and two more ATC fuses. I will start a new thread to review the electrical challenges I have had with this 1st gen cummins. I love the truck, but age will bring about changes.

electro_master

·
Registered
140 Posts
To all,

The freightliner MIDI/ATC fusbox used in this article is a Blue Sea Systems SafetyHub 100 Fuse Block #7725. I am not going to bother with this one I will be installing a SafetyHub 150 Fuse Block #7748. This allows one more MIDI and two more ATC fuses. I will start a new thread to review the electrical challenges I have had with this 1st gen cummins. I love the truck, but age will bring about changes.

electro_master
The worst problems I have had is fixing what other people have butchered, the people who don't have a clue should not mess with it, I'm sure you probably have some of that to deal with. I will follow your thread for more information you can always learn from others

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
To all,

electro_master
You’re about 2 years late, lol.

https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/89-93-non-powertrain/2201802-fuse-link-delete.html

·
Registered
15 Posts
Alright thank you I will take a look at it tomorrow evening and let you know what I come up with. Also I was wondering on the side closest to the battery I have two small red wires that were wired into one white fusible link and also a bigger red wire and black wire. The black is for the alternator and the red to the battery but what are the two small wires for?
Working on a 93... So where did these two small wires end up getting connected? In my case they are the only two I have yet to re-connect in the conversion, as they are the only two that aren't mentioned... any advice? Should I just wire them back into the 12Ga Red for the Ignition Switch (as this is where they were previously connected via a Fusible link in the factory configuration)?

Attachments

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Working on a 93... So where did these two small wires end up getting connected? In my case they are the only two I have yet to re-connect in the conversion, as they are the only two that aren't mentioned... any advice? Should I just wire them back into the 12Ga Red for the Ignition Switch (as this is where they were previously connected via a Fusible link in the factory configuration)?
That is how mine is wired. Easiest way IMO. Shares a midi fuse with the ignition feed.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts