Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
bumping this one to the top to keep the thread alive as I'm currently doing a fusible link delete on my ramcharger project and had to search for the wiring diagram I used.

not using the blue sea hub as I did before, instead using a fuse box out of an OBS ford explorer. was only a few dollars at a pick-n-pull and has more than enough circuits for the job. will post pics in my RC build thread when complete. cheers.
at the risk of sounding like a fool, could you do a bill of materials you used and any chance you could draw up a wiring diagram?

Id like to do this with the blue sea box on my truck but i have some what of a rats nest of wiring under my hood :/

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
bumping this one to the top to keep the thread alive as I'm currently doing a fusible link delete on my ramcharger project and had to search for the wiring diagram I used.

not using the blue sea hub as I did before, instead using a fuse box out of an OBS ford explorer. was only a few dollars at a pick-n-pull and has more than enough circuits for the job. will post pics in my RC build thread when complete. cheers.
at the risk of sounding like a fool, could you do a bill of materials you used and any chance you could draw up a wiring diagram?

Id like to do this with the blue sea box on my truck but i have some what of a rats nest of wiring under my hood :/
It’s all in this thread already. Check the first post.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Instead of the 100A MIDI or 120-175A safety fuse for the line coming from/to the alternator, could I use a circuit breaker like the one pictured? It is 120A.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
20,224 Posts
You should be able to or also you don't need one either, none of the 1st Gens have one. I never installed one on either of my Conversions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You should be able to or also you don't need one either, none of the 1st Gens have one. I never installed one on either of my Conversions.
I have a 91 W250 non-intercooled and I thought it had a fusible link at the duck foot for the alternator? Wouldn't I need to replace the fusible link with something? I am still new to these diesels, but I assume electrical rules still apply.

Thanks,
Glenn

·
Premium Member
20,224 Posts
There are fusible inks in the small wires out of the ducks foot but that's it. The fuses in the fuse block like Justin used are replacing the fusible links. The crappy electrical in these old Dodges are the same Gas or Diesel, if you feel safer with one then do it. The 2nd Gens started putting a heave fuse for the power in the Fuse box.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts