Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed a set of Morimoto LED projector headlights in my 07 2500. Plug and play assemblys. Recently noticed an issue where the DTRL on the right (passenger) side goes to "night" mode (dims like it does when the headlights are actually turned on) when I step on the brakes. Contacted Morimoto and went through their troubleshoot steps and they sent me a new set of lights. Long story short, the new lights do the same thing so it has to be an issue with the truck. I'm not much of an electrical guy, so does anyone have a clue what could be causing that? Like I said the headlights are plug and play, but there is an extra wire with a fuse tap for the DTRLs. I've tried putting it into different fuse ports and removing any other of my "taps" into the fuse box. I can't really tell how the light assemblies are set up cause everything is encased and I don't want to void any warranty by cutting them open. But with the ignition off, when I turn on my parking lights, it turns on the parking light bulbs and the "dim" function of the DTRLs. With the lights off, I turn on the ignition and the DTRLs come on "bright", step on the brake and the right side goes to "dim". So my guess is somehow stepping on the brake is triggering the same thing as turning on the parking lights but only on the one side...? And with everything off, stepping on the brake does nothing to the DTRLs. Any ideas??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE: I was able to figure out that it's the right side parking light that comes on when I step on the brake. I saw somewhere that it could be an issue with the taillight bulbs or the trailer light plug. I've replaced both brake light bulbs and cleaned out the trailer plugs. Same issue. Thoughts?

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
First thing on any TIPM vehicles, hard restart networks .
Disconnect batteries connect positve negative together for a few minutes. Take that time make sure good batteries/ good cables including grounds to them and TIPM.
If not should get DRBIII equivlent scanner to read network to help see what is causing issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts