Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Regen? What's That??
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well. not much of a kill. but it was still fun to say the least.. and twice in a row.. :party018:

Background, Phoenix area is known for being a hot bed for manufacturers testing out their latest vehicles.

So, I was out tooling around and what do I run across.. but a shiny white Toyota Prius with Manufacturer plates on it... and some young guy in polo shirt, with clipboard, and tons of guages he is monitoring...

Not thinking much about it.. he rolls up next to me checking out my truck.

I had to get in front of him because my lane was ending, so I just gave it some boost, and rolled ahead a bit, only to find that Mr Prius wants to play.... so I lay into it, leave a black cloud of smoke and pass him like he is standing still.

So I got in front of him, and continued on to the next light, where guess who pull up next to me... and givin me some dirty look... now I am thinking whats this guys problem... was once not enough....

He starts to power brake the prius... and now I am thinking... OOOOOOOKKKKKK... apparently he wants another kicking... by a truck that outweighs him at least 3 times over.

So lightly bring up the boost to about 8psi or so... the smokes starts to roll from the tail pipe... I did not want to go harder than that so I would not hurt the tranny....or other driveline components.

Light turns green, and I lay two large long patches of dually rubber, all the while leaving this poor little Prius in a cloud of black smoke...

I just think it was funny to have a manufacturer car try and take on a big dually truck... he was probably thinking.. oh I can take that big heavy truck...

Hopefully I left some nice black soot all over his nice shiny white paint... :party018::hehe:

·
Banned
5,586 Posts
LOL all I can do is laugh at Prius boy. Good job.

·
Regen? What's That??
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
:hehe: Lovin it!!!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Very nice sir, very nice. I have yet to kill a Prius, but I did piss off the owner of one. Here it is..October in Fairbanks, Alaska and the temp was -15. I pull up to the store and set my CC ti idle at 1100 rpm to keep the truck warm as I went to get a pack of cigs. Well some tree hugger in a Prius pulls up next to me as I am getting out of the truck and she says." What your just going to let that THING run, I guess you dont care about the enverment" I looked at her funny and said " Oh s**t your right what was I thinking". (I went back into the truck and bumped the CC to idle up to 1500 rpm) then said " I would hate the enverment in my truck to get any cooler" I then walked in the store. The look on her face was priceless

·
Regen? What's That??
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now that's classic...

Fairbanks, huh?

I work for the corporate office of the hospital up there, fairbanks memorial hospital.. Banner Health here in Phoenix.

I am the Sr IT Security Consultant (there has been talk about sending me up to AK sometime to do a roll out of some new security devices in the future... though I told them.. you realize I am from Phoenix.. heat... 100+ degrees days.. and YOU want to send ME to Alaska.... :doh::doh::lol4::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

Very nice sir, very nice. I have yet to kill a Prius, but I did piss off the owner of one. Here it is..October in Fairbanks, Alaska and the temp was -15. I pull up to the store and set my CC ti idle at 1100 rpm to keep the truck warm as I went to get a pack of cigs. Well some tree hugger in a Prius pulls up next to me as I am getting out of the truck and she says." What your just going to let that THING run, I guess you dont care about the enverment" I looked at her funny and said " Oh s**t your right what was I thinking". (I went back into the truck and bumped the CC to idle up to 1500 rpm) then said " I would hate the enverment in my truck to get any cooler" I then walked in the store. The look on her face was priceless

·
f7u12
2,295 Posts
Well. not much of a kill. but it was still fun to say the least.. and twice in a row.. :party018:

Background, Phoenix area is known for being a hot bed for manufacturers testing out their latest vehicles.

So, I was out tooling around and what do I run across.. but a shiny white Toyota Prius with Manufacturer plates on it... and some young guy in polo shirt, with clipboard, and tons of guages he is monitoring...

Not thinking much about it.. he rolls up next to me checking out my truck.

I had to get in front of him because my lane was ending, so I just gave it some boost, and rolled ahead a bit, only to find that Mr Prius wants to play.... so I lay into it, leave a black cloud of smoke and pass him like he is standing still.

So I got in front of him, and continued on to the next light, where guess who pull up next to me... and givin me some dirty look... now I am thinking whats this guys problem... was once not enough....

He starts to power brake the prius... and now I am thinking... OOOOOOOKKKKKK... apparently he wants another kicking... by a truck that outweighs him at least 3 times over.

So lightly bring up the boost to about 8psi or so... the smokes starts to roll from the tail pipe... I did not want to go harder than that so I would not hurt the tranny....or other driveline components.

Light turns green, and I lay two large long patches of dually rubber, all the while leaving this poor little Prius in a cloud of black smoke...

I just think it was funny to have a manufacturer car try and take on a big dually truck... he was probably thinking.. oh I can take that big heavy truck...

Hopefully I left some nice black soot all over his nice shiny white paint... :party018::hehe:
that's kinda like a dream i have but, my dream has a different ending. my dream ends when I test the approach and suspension drop several times by driving up on the hood and roof of the Prius.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Now that's classic...

Fairbanks, huh?

I work for the corporate office of the hospital up there, fairbanks memorial hospital.. Banner Health here in Phoenix.

I am the Sr IT Security Consultant (there has been talk about sending me up to AK sometime to do a roll out of some new security devices in the future... though I told them.. you realize I am from Phoenix.. heat... 100+ degrees days.. and YOU want to send ME to Alaska.... :doh::doh::lol4::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:
It's not that bad. I am from South Texas and I was able to handle the winter. The 1st one is the worst because you have to get all the stuff and get your car/truck winterized after that its easy. The winters here a dry cold with little to no wind. If I can get used to it, anyone can.

·
Regen? What's That??
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's not that bad. I am from South Texas and I was able to handle the winter. The 1st one is the worst because you have to get all the stuff and get your car/truck winterized after that its easy. The winters here a dry cold with little to no wind. If I can get used to it, anyone can.
I would be only going up there for 2-3 months... at most.. so I would have a rental car/truck, and be hotel bound.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts