Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I'm definitely building a fummins, after owning a 94 cummins, I want that engine in a different truck, and Ford it will be.

Now I found a 95 2500 with 98k miles auto 4x4 and I want to use the whole drivetrain from it sans axles.
My idea for power is going to be 64/74 or 66/74 with 5x12s, some dvs, air dog, 4k gsk, 60# vs
Now for the trans, what all should I upgrade? I wanna do the work myself. I was gonna do converter, shift kit, and billet input? Anything else I would need for a clean 500hp? Also anything I'm missing? I'm typing this quick as the whole truck is for sale on craigslist. I'm picking up my 2002 f350 tomorrow hopefully.

·
Registered
195 Posts
for a 64 or 66 i dont think the 5x12's will be enough fuel even with dv's id run 5x14's... i plan to run my 191's and some 5x14's with a 63/68

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
5x14s and 024 dvs is plenty of fuel for a 64/71 charger if tuned properly.

even 5x12s plus 024 dvs and some nice tuning will be plenty of fuel, and since the motor is out, why not get it flowed/benched?

I would think a benched pump, 024 dvs, and 5x12s would hit 500hp with a 64/71.

i wouldnt run the 74 turbine wheel on a single but thats just me.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Hey, where Ya from, I'm looking for a 5.4 to rebuild to swap into my crown Vic. Any idea what's wrong with it? head gasket? I'm in Massachusetts.

I bought my Cummins for the same reason, I got a '79 F250 supercab that I'm planning to do the swap on, but that's a couple years down the road, I'm going to get the drivetrain where I want it while it's in the dodge, which will allow me to do the frame and body of the Ford, then start swapping

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm from pa and the coolant bottle looks like a chocolate milk container haha

Got my truck today!

04 cummins 6spd 175k miles bone stock rolled away from the guy and went down an embankment into a grove of trees

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.