Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchaced the 12 inch full feramic clutch flywheel and presure plate a couple months ago I have about 1500 miles on the clutch at first I was nervous with it because it would not take much to slip and then it got better and better and better. It was really gabbing good like 4th gear and punch about 1800 rpm and it was puttin power to the ground, so I started driving it hard and it was doin awsome untill I did a first second and third gear burn out at a stop sign the last night and it slipped in 3rd gear. I was a little worried was that supposed to happen I drove it to work today and drove it normal again. I haven;t got back on it again. But how long is this goin to be like this till I can play.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
were you doing no lift shifts, sometimes the feramics take a while to seat in. that is why i prefer the Ceramic's, but once the feramic does hold on, about the only thing you shouldnt be able to do as with any single plate is 3rd or higher launches.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean power shift? not letting off jamming gears

I just went right up threw the gears I didn;t power shift though
It is getting alot better I guess I might have scred my self

Is there anything that will help a better break in?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will keep you posted. Because it is seating in I know it is I just got worried. Ya know the unexpected. thanks for the input

1 - 5 of 5 Posts