Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just found a truck on ebay with a full 4 door cab from the factory does anyone know if dodge ever made these or is it a conversion? its inder 12v dodge cummins

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
well run the Vin it will show it's a 2 door and No Dodge never made that truck

·
Registered
54 Posts
another thread about this on here but carfax and autocheck dont make car just report on them, just like kelly blue book doesn't buy cars

·
Registered
54 Posts
but yes dodge did make it

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've seen a few of them with the full 4 doors, had to do a triple take just to make sure i wasnt seeing things LOL

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
They are all custom jobs, dodge never made crews from 93 to 02. If you're interested I've got a rite-up in bodywork section, I'm building my own crew cab from a 96 ext. Cab.

·
Registered
463 Posts
They are all custom jobs, dodge never made crews from 93 to 02. If you're interested I've got a rite-up in bodywork section, I'm building my own crew cab from a 96 ext. Cab.
I dont know why people are trying to argue this...it is so obvious that is done by a conversion company. The seats dont match, there is no B pillar trim and the door trim panels dont match. Nothing from the factory will come that way

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
the closest thing that dodge made to a crew cab was a concept ram SUV in 92 I think, I saw a pic of it sometimes back. If I find it I'll post it here.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I was looking at that truck earlier... if you look at the Q & A there are like 2 other people with the same truck. Dodge made a handful of them apparently.

Its clearly factory:

Dodge : Ram 3500 - eBay (item 300516691548 end time Jan-28-11 19:15:00 PST)

Very cool.
this guy is actually trying to convince people that this is factory, he states that the factory sticker is on the rear door post and. (thats why its there, because they cut the cab in half and srtecth it!) If he trully beleaves its factory then he's gulible and that judge took him for a ride.

·
Registered
305 Posts
this guy is actually trying to convince people that this is factory, he states that the factory sticker is on the rear door post and. (thats why its there, because they cut the cab in half and srtecth it!) If he trully beleaves its factory then he's gulible and that judge took him for a ride.
What did the doors and their panels come off of? The claim is that this is a factory conversion, I don't see how that is false.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
There was never a crew cad between 93-02. I've heard of dealerships in the 90's taking a brand new truck and sending it out to a second party to have this done. This is probably the case.

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
can you post a link to ur build really interested

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
dodge did make them, a guy here in town has a 96 i believe, full crew cab but the rear is suicide. he is rich and had it made like that from the factory. with the v10 viper motor that now has a supercharger on it.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
It's called an up fitter.

Dodge, Ford, and GM usually send Cab and Chassis vehicles to an upfitter as an incomplete vehicle. The upfitter will install stuff like utility body, dumb bed, flatbed, rollback chassis, snow plow, etc... Then the upfitter sends the modified truck back as a completed vehicle and you see it at the dealership.

They can send complete vehicles to upfitters for modification too... Conversion vans are one of those examples. Hence why they're called Conversion Vans...

Good luck getting parts for the rear doors though.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
i have a 98 dodge dually that is a centurion conversion but im not completely sure what they did to it. it has the stickers on it but not sure what the did maybe they made it into a dually but i know centurion is a place that does dually and crewcab conversions

1 - 18 of 18 Posts