Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, mods in sig.
After I gutted my afc my truck would smoke, but, since I was controlling it with my throttle it only got out of hand if I wanted it to. Well, I fuelled up a week ago and put a bottle of diesel 911 in the tank since its getting cold. So now my truck wont smoke at all, even if I lug it and it takes my turbo forever to fire, which it shouldn't since it is a stock turbo. Also noticed dv holder for #3 cylinder is kinda wet. Is it time to rebuild my pump?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
What is fuel pressure at the IP?

·
Premium Member
16,203 Posts
Never use 911 except after your fuel has already gelled.
911 is alcohol which destroys the lubricity of your fuel resulting in rapid injection pump wear.
That's why it's called 911, it's meant for emergencies.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, changed the fuel filter and put a fleetguard on there instead of the filter from advanced auto.
While changing the filter I noticed that the shaft for my fuel shut off solinoid was crooked. I pulled the solinoid off and put a spring on there to keep tension on the valve arm. Now I am getting fuel again. I am thinking that the shaft was broken and not letting the fuel valve open up all the way. Now I just need to figure out where to find a new o-ring for my dv holder because when I primed my pump after the filter change I could hear the air coming out of dv holder #3 and it is getting more wet. Any help on where to get a set of o-ring gaskets would help. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts