Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Cummins Theorist
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a complete 467.7 Borg Warner kit from cumminsperformanceparts.com with the manifold and all necessary hardware and lines, supposedly. It seems from my research that these 2nd gen swap kits are usually missing something. Anyways, it has a T4 .90 housing. And my goal for this post is to determine if my arson 4 cp3 kit, industrial injection dragon fly injectors and my efilive tuning will be sufficient to power this turbo as a daily driver and occasional track use. Comments are appreciated.

· Cummins Theorist
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that's nice to hear, my big concern was that it would be sluggish. This is my daily driver, everyday, anywhere, all year. I didn't want to go nuts on performance. I increased fuel economy like I wanted, it only has a leveling kit, still stock tires, and has extra power. I just wanted to be sure that I didn't short myself on the injectors. I intend to hold onto this truck untill it rusts into the ground. Maintenance is huge for me. With that in mind, it is critical that I keep mods in check and not overkill, I want this to be dependable and long lasting truck that I can still bring to the track or truck pull once or twice a year. Not looking to replace major internal components, but understand I will need HD push rods, as well as 110lb valve springs and retainers. Besides the transmission, is there anything anybody thinks I am missing?

· Choot 'em Clay, Choot 'em
5,163 Posts
Although im at sea level im running a s472 with smarty tuning only and spools lightning fast. That 467 should spool faster than mine. As far as the valvetrain goes I would do the springs and hold off on the pushrods. Let those be a weaker link just incase something would happen. Other than trans you should be good to go.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Cummins Theorist
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hold off on the push rods? That's an interesting method for delaying disaster. is this a common practice? On another note, is an aftermarket cam something that would alleviate stress on other engine components? Or are they for purely performance purposes? Last thing, rocker studs. Is it wise to install ARP's while all the engine work is going on?

Reactions: dc89ssp

· Registered
1,109 Posts
Hold off on the push rods? That's an interesting method for delaying disaster. is this a common practice? On another note, is an aftermarket cam something that would alleviate stress on other engine components? Or are they for purely performance purposes? Last thing, rocker studs. Is it wise to install ARP's while all the engine work is going on?
I would do headstuds before springs and rods. But if you got the money to do all 3, then even better.

Sorry if I missed something. My phone doesn't show sigs

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
1,109 Posts
Although im at sea level im running a s472 with smarty tuning only and spools lightning fast. That 467 should spool faster than mine. As far as the valvetrain goes I would do the springs and hold off on the pushrods. Let those be a weaker link just incase something would happen. Other than trans you should be good to go.

Ime also at sea level, and plan to use my smarty for tuning. Didn't think to many guys that are doing 2nd gen swaps that were using smarty tunes. Infact all of the swap threads ive been following, are tuned by either efi or mcc. Ime stock fuel and hope it ain't a dog for daily driving, witch is what it's mainly used for.

· Registered
1,109 Posts
Reactions: msu

· Registered
1,109 Posts
Nah you will be okay. Im running the tnt smarty #3 and its a beast big time! Could I do better with custom tuning? For sure. Do I want to spend the money and like the way it runs now? Absolutely!

Thats what I was hoping to hear. I don't have TNT files in my computer. Running 23me on sw3 right now. I guess ile have to change it up once I do my swap and studs. Thanks rambeaux.

· Registered
60 Posts
Do you know what kind of power you are shooting for?

· Cummins Theorist
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think 650hp. I feel that any more and I have to start thinking about billet internals and block girdles. That's further than I want to take my build.

· Robert Ivey
2,092 Posts
You don't need aftermarket springs, pushrods, connecting rods, rocker studs or cam for 650 hp on single turbo 6.7 IMO. Just studs and nozzles as far as internals. We have 2 trucks over 900hp like that both running s475.

· Registered
60 Posts
I was thinking he didn't need that stuff. That's why I asked what hp he was trying to reach. Those things aren't a bad idea but I think it's a little over kill for the power you want. Unless you just want to spend the extra coin on it.

· Cummins Theorist
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've got studs, the arp 625's. Are there any concerns of floating valves with stock valve springs? And my nozzles are the industrial injection dragon flys, I believe they rate them at 60hp. Is this enough? I feel like this is small in the injector world, I had them installed while I am using my factory turbo so I didn't run excessive egt's.

· Registered
60 Posts
I am pretty sure you going to need bigger nozzels to achieve that power. I have always been told it's better to have more fuel because a tuner can tune them down. I believe you may want to go with 125 or 150 hp.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.