Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FUEL & WATER SEPARATOR (CHASSIS MOUNTED) MOPAR ('13-'18, 6.7L) - 68197867

The above is not the correct part. Does anyone no where to get it my dealer says it's on back order.

·
Registered
13,912 Posts
What's the correct part number? Google it, try other dealers and see if they have any on the shelf.

Such a new truck and you already need to change the filters???

·
Registered
13,912 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts

·
White Lightning
12,018 Posts
Not only a cartridge but also cheaper than previous filters. When’s the last time that happened?
Wait for a few to chime in with “oh great....another plastic fuel canister lid nut to round off” or “I can’t wait for the aftermarket to come out with a billet separator cap to replace this POS plastic separator cap”........it’s only a matter of time. :stirpot: :grin2:

·
White Lightning
12,018 Posts

·
Registered
13,912 Posts
Couple dollars cheaper than our separator (currently 47 on amazon(fleetguard)). Silly a cartridge filter like that is priced so high.

Wonder if the water sensor is the same.
I'm sure the sensor will be different as well, since the filter is completely different, going to have a new housing and all. Plus, the problems they have had with the original sensor design.

Then, the question becomes, can this new setup be easily retro-fitted to older trucks?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Then the inevitable, who actually makes the filter? Specs? And the classic, I only buy it from the dealer because it has Mopar stamped on the box so I know it is good, I pay way more but why skimp on such an expensive truck.

·
Registered
13,912 Posts
Shows the oem filter is 10 microns, same as the old spin-on.

As to buying only oem mopar, that will probably be the only choice for a while.

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
Geno’s Garage now has them listed on their website.
FUEL FILTER (CHASSIS MOUNTED) - MOPAR ('19, 2500/3500/4500/5500)
Item #: FS_MOP68436631AA
No surprise here.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
I'm sure the sensor will be different as well, since the filter is completely different, going to have a new housing and all. Plus, the problems they have had with the original sensor design.

Then, the question becomes, can this new setup be easily retro-fitted to older trucks?
What problems?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts