Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm looking at buying a #10 plate (for towing) and the range is 30.00-200.00.
What's the difference??

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sadly, I think that's the bare bones answer..I cannot find anything that explains it any better...And I LOVE the humor...
anyone else??

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone out there have one of the less expensive #10 plates used they want to part with??

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
:agree2: They are right, I did the math in my head and checked with a calculator, $170 both times.

·
Registered
223 Posts
ive seen them go for 40 bucks all the time.. just puill yours out

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Loud pedal, what these guys are insinuating is that there's no difference to account for the $170 price difference-and they're right. Get the cheapest one you can find or grind your own-instructions should be easily available if you search. A large price difference based on quality differences is justified on many things. A fuel plate is not one of them.

·
Registered
384 Posts
whats a fuel plate?:peelout

grind your own!

·
Registered
186 Posts
the plate thats in it is a restrictor plate...just run no plate like i did for a while and just order u a #10 off ebay i paid $30 for mine and i get about 70 more hp. you can run no plate and have more power and its safe to. i sugest taking out your aneroid spring too. just throw them in your glove box and when u want them back in there they are

·
Premium Member
16,224 Posts
The plate is a cruise control for your egts.
If you don't want to watch the pyro all the time especially if you tow use a plate.
#10 seems to work great for most folks.
I've heard no complaints about the cheap ones from ebay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts