Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Im new to the site and relatively new to a cummins diesel. I have had 2 powerstrokes in the past so im not new to diesel, just new to a good diesel. Anyway, i am looking at upgrading the fuel system, intake and exhaust as starting mods. I have my mind made up on the intake and exhaust but have questions about fuel system. The truck is a 2005. Eventually id like to be in the
500 to 600 HP range. I am trying to decide if i should go with Fass, AirDog, Glacier Diesel, or make my own system with an Aeromotive A1000 and regulator. I figure to spend $500 to $700 a complete system. I have a buddy of mine with a VP truck that has the aeromotive setup and he loves it. 18 psi no matter what is going on. Any help would be great.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
i'd say your best option is gonna be an Airdog kit, it's the least expensive of the bunch and packs the most punch. it's quieter then the other kits and is much more compact it also has a 3 micron filter and includes everything you'll need for the install. not to mention they have a lifetime warranty and their companies customer service is great.

kyle

·
2,247 Posts
FASS and Air dog will both remove the air out of the system which is very important and have excellent filtration. Air creates heat and will end up hurting the seals and injectors in the fuel system. Those would be my choice. Well worth the money.

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
i'd say your best option is gonna be an Airdog kit, it's the least expensive of the bunch and packs the most punch. it's quieter then the other kits and is much more compact it also has a 3 micron filter and includes everything you'll need for the install. not to mention they have a lifetime warranty and their companies customer service is great.
:agree2::thumbsup

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I love my eliminator from wicked diesels, this pump also removes air and has 3 mic filtration and lifetime warranty, as far as I know its the only pump that runs off boost (more boost = more fuel psi ) I have seen 50+psi, very impressed with this pump.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well Air Dog and My own Aeromotive are my top two choices. I have heard a lot of good things about Air Dog.

mzcummins, Aeromotive's Fuel Pressure Regulators also have a barbed fitting on them that will increase pressure based on a boost reference. I have seen a couple systems set up that way.

thanks guys, i will probably take the Air Dog route. I have heard claims of increased fuel milage, anyone have any inshight on that?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Now is the Air Dog system boost referenced? Is that really needed as I kind of like that feature on the Eliminator.

Air Dog almost looks the same as FASS, just wondering if it is a re badged product?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Now is the Air Dog system boost referenced? Is that really needed as I kind of like that feature on the Eliminator.

Air Dog almost looks the same as FASS, just wondering if it is a re badged product?

Thanks.
I don't think the airdog has boost reference, its not really needed but its nice having that much psi to the cp3, it makes it happy, the eliminator is sweet, Shane at wicked diesels is a great guy to deal with, airdog is not a re badged fass, the airdog was in the works long before the fass came out, the son stole his fathers idea, thats what I heard anyway.

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
boost referenced? Is that really needed as I kind of like that feature on the Eliminator.
With certain modded CP3's they like to see 45psi+ when the demand for fuel is there. So at idle 12-18psi is fine, but with the boost reference your psi builds with boost. At WOT I see 50psi of fuel pressure with the Eliminator and boost reference. Hope this helps. :thumbsup

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
529 Posts
So is the Eliminator better in quality and performance than the Air Dog or FASS?

I currently have a FASS on my 01 which has been pretty good but this will go on my 03 Ram so I want to make the right choice.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
So is the Eliminator better in quality and performance than the Air Dog or FASS?

I currently have a FASS on my 01 which has been pretty good but this will go on my 03 Ram so I want to make the right choice.
I have never seen a fass, but the airdog and eliminator are high quality, I would go airdog over fass ( mainly cause its less ) but I wouldn't trade my eliminator for any of them, they all have lifetime warranties to take care of you if you have any problems, when I got mine in Febuary I think, Shane has not had one fail yet, but he also doesent have the number of pumps out there like AD or fass, if you like the eliminator and don't mind paying a little more, its well worth it, just remember you don't use the stock filter canister any more, 40+psi that thing would be a bomb :w: also Shane gave me pics on how to install the draw straw in the fuel canister, worked pretty slick but I'am moving my return line to it to, also he advised to cut the power wire for the stock in tank pump and lenghen the wires so if the new lp ever goes out you can crawl under the truck and plug the stock lp wires back to gether and at least limp it home.

Edit- just seen you have 03 you won't have intank pump unless you updated it.

·
Registered
529 Posts
That is great to know. Seeing that mine is still stock but maybe here soon I may put in a Smarty, will it increase some power with that boost reference giving the CP pump more pressure?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts