Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while im waitin on my turbos for my '07 build, im gonna go ahead and knock out my fuel setup from the tank to the engine and injectors will go in during the twin install. gonna run an ADII 165 i know...and possibly gonna install a hellman or bdp sump. i was gonna get everyones opinion on addin any extra filtration, bigger lines, deleting the factory filter, etc...

im gonna order the ADII 165. I wasnt sure on the drawstraw or 1/4 tank issues, which is why I considered the sump...
Another thing, do I need to add in another filter or water separator setup?
I just wanna make sure i can keep them new injectors clean once
they go in. Also, need to upgrade any lines or anything from the tank to the motor? Wanna make sure i got all the flow and least restriction i need.

·
Registered
2006 2500 4x4, spinny wooshy thing, bigger sticks, toothpick trans, wallet weight reduction mod.
2,620 Posts
The AirDog II already cones with 1/2" line so you're good there.

I always vote to keel your factory canister and run the Baldwin PF7977 filter in it.

You can run just the AirDog II with good filters. I personally added more just because it's cheap insurance. When I get bored and the weather is better I'll put them all in the proper order but they're scattered for now. Not that I care. I just want max protection.

It's up to you. I'm sure some will give mote details as I'm on my phone but there is a filter and separator for the airDog II that'll put you very close to 2um. But not quite.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Some delete some don't. There really is no concrete evidence to say which way is better, it is all a matter of preference.

As for the best Airdog filters per AH64ID,

Donaldson p551315 fuel filter 3um absolute
Lubrafiner LFF9594 (possibly new AD stock seperator)

·
Registered
2006 2500 4x4, spinny wooshy thing, bigger sticks, toothpick trans, wallet weight reduction mod.
2,620 Posts
Some delete some don't. There really is no concrete evidence to say which way is better, it is all a matter of preference.
Exactly. And remember BB KoncepZ, with no concrete reason to do it, why do it? Seems silly to remove something so helpful when there's nothing showing any detriment resulting from its use. You get to keep a free canister to get great water separation from the PF7977, as well as being a 5um filter for the rare particles that make it thru the AirDog II.

As for the best Airdog filters per AH64ID,

Donaldson p551315 fuel filter 3um absolute
Lubrafiner LFF9594 (possibly new AD stock seperator)
Sweet info since I'm getting ready to order. Can you point me to the thread where he's suggesting that combo? Cause as of 10/29/11, that wasn't the recommendation from AH64ID. That's when he told me to use the BF1275 and P551315 on my AirDog II. The last I read the Lubrafiner wasn't confirmed to be superior to the BF1275. Just hoped. Thanks for the help. I want to run the best option out there.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Sweet info since I'm getting ready to order. Can you point me to the thread where he's suggesting that combo? Cause as of 10/29/11, that wasn't the recommendation from AH64ID. That's when he told me to use the BF1275 and P551315 on my AirDog II. The last I read the Lubrafiner wasn't confirmed to be superior to the BF1275. Just hoped. Thanks for the help. I want to run the best option out there.
I'll have to look around again, It was sometime last month that I read it. Although, I do remember him talking about a new possible separator option.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Probably the same one I saw. It never landed on anything definitive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.