Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Iam planning on pulling the pickup bed off the truck I just picked up to do some frame painting and Weld a plate hitch in also. While I have the pickup bed off I want to do any fuel system mods that I would need to support 600+hp in the future. Iam looking at getting an airdog 150 and was looking at a 1/2 fuel line kit at vulcan performance. I was also looking at a draw straw kit but I know nothing about it or if I need it or not. I want to do any mods to the fuel system now while I have the pickup bed off and be done with it. Iam new to all this stuff so Iam just trying to figure it out as I go so any suggestions feel free to say! Thanks in advance and I greatly appreciate the help.:yourock:

·
AlGores worst nightmare
2,010 Posts
Do the drawstraw. The oem one is only 3/8", you don't need any fuel restriction. Besides the oem one is probably about rusted through anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright thanks for the advice. So you think an airdog, 1/2" lines and the draw straw are a good idea then. When you go to order the draw straw it asks about a mic prescreen filter. You think I should get that or not bother? Being I will have 2 more filters with the air dog setup.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess ill just order it without since no one knows.:confused013:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Vendors vs Airdog direct

I just recently installed an AD 150. It comes with the 1/2 inch stuff, no need to buy anything else. Draw straw is included.

No need for a pick up screen as it would make life tough as an additional screen to clean...and one in the tank at that.

I would call AD to ask a few questions (I wish I had) as there are some things they can help with as I found out later. You can also get a 90 degree fitting where you fuel line connects to the IP that has a 1/8 inch gauge port on it: sweet. Grab an extra filter, too. Just in case!

One thing to keep in mind: cut the straw with the tank in place and with some fuel in it so you can get as close to the bottom as possible. No 45 degree cut, just notches. You can also run it straight thru the unit without drilling another hole, if you want. It was cleaner and easier for me.

Have fun!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks floridabob! I appreciate the help. Im definatley gonna call them or vulcan first before I order it now that you have told me all that. How long have you had it and are you happy with it?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Very happy with it. I've only had it about 2 months, though. Heading to a dyno soon but hope to break the 500 mark with the mods I have and it works great. I switched from the lift pump to an electric pump a long time ago for different reasons but this is the best pump I have used.

I was advised to go with the 40lb spring for fuel pressure. You probably will be, too.

Oh, I called where I bought it from but they did not tell me about the 1/2 pump elbow with the fuel pressure port...but AD did. I wanted to run a gauge there vs use the low pressure light for an unrelated reason to the AD.

Have Fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts