Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm still having issues with my shutoff solenoid sticking. I think it is where the bottom of the solenoid connects to the fuel rail (not sure that is exactly correct). The rod is still coming out of the bottom of the solenoid on occasion. Does anyone have detailed pics on the bottom half of this mechanism. All I can see is a black hole and need to better understand what happens down there.
Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
You should disconnect the linkage to see what is sticking , most common is the solenoid , especially if the rubber boot is cracked [ letting dirt in ] , at that point you need to remove the solenoid , pull the piston out , clean both the piston & cylinder , & replace the boot .
What the linkage goes into is the main pump , on the inside , the linkage shuts the fuel off .
If the problem is in there , you should take to a shop , you should have your location in your signature , so that if some one is in your area , they may be able to help or now a shop in your area .

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, good point...will update sig now...I'm in Eugene, Oregon. Do you know if there are any postings with pics of where the solenoid rod and shutoff mechanism connect. I have not been able to find anything.
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
95 Posts
i have the 1995 factory service manual, private message me, i will scan in the pics and email them to you.
should be the same as the 97

1 - 4 of 4 Posts