Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Original owner must have done this. My FSS is wired straight to battery. I don't think that's where it's supposed to be hooked to. Its a blue wire. Does anyone have information on where it goes. Alldata doesn't help none. Neither does the haynes chilton repair book

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
581 Posts
Did you ever download the free FSM? Wiring diagrams are in the FSM. I don't know what year you have but in the manual for '96, the FSS-related wiring is covered on pg 8W-30-47

Here is an illustration I've posted before in other FSS related threads (hint - use the Search feature). You didn't say which circuit in the FSS you're referring to, but notice where the feed to the FSS relay comes from (and the wire color).

StarterCircuitDiagram.JPG

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't think bout the fsm. And it wont let me download it. I dont have permission or something. Even from my laptop. Yes i try to do research. I hate using sites like these cause ppl get irritated. But i do what i can in the search before asking things..

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
581 Posts
I just downloaded the '96 edition again (since that's the model year of my truck), to see if it can still be downloaded. I was able to download it to my desktop/tower system, so it sounds like you may not have permission to download or write to the directory you were attempting to save it to. I give you credit for using AllData (I use AllDataDIY myself, though the subscription for my truck isn't currently active), though I have found some inaccuracies in AllDataDIY. Since AllData info comes from the FSM, the FSM is kind of the gold standard. I normally don't get irritated, but the FSS has been covered here so many times that there are few questions about it that haven't been answered if someone takes the time to dig. Okay - enough on that.

Does the LarryB illustration resemble the wiring you're seeing?

Reactions: ddurr92
1 - 5 of 5 Posts