Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am new to the forum so hopefully i get this down right. I have already filled out my Sig but if there is anything missing that you can think of that would help let me know. I am looking to see what the routing is on the return fuel line or lines. I believe there is one that comes from the block and one from the Vp44. If i understand what i have found the two lines meet at a "T" and then form one return line. So the question is: Does this line return directly to the tank or does it go back to fuel canister and be recirculated?Also is there any fuel lines that return to the fuel canister at all or is the canister completely bypassed and not used at all?

I just installed the AIR DOG II 165 last night and want to make sure what i have found is correct.

·
Registered
14,843 Posts
Welcome.

The return goes like this:

The VP44 feeds the injectors. Any excess fuel not used goes out the Overflow valve line.

The injectors dont use all the fuel so any excess fuel from the injectors comes out a banjo at the back drivers side of the head.

That line on the back of the head meets the Overflow return line at a "T" fitting just below the head banjo fitting for the injector return.

The line from the "T" fitting runs directly to the fuel tank.

There is no other line to the fuel filter canister or does any fuel line recirculate. All excess fuel goes back to the tank before it makes its way up the supply line again. Because you're installing the Airdog, you can opt to eliminate the fuel filter housing and utilize the Airdog filters only. But.....just know that the OEM fuel filter housing has a fuel heater and water sensor plug that will need to be tapped up good or it will read any moisture under the hood and cause your WIF light to come on. Also, if you do choose to remove the OEM filter housing then DO NOT throw it away or give it away. If for any reason you ever need it, believe it or not, they cost about $1000 to replace. So pack it up nice and safe. Lastly, if your so inclined, you can opt to continue to run the fuel through the OEM housing but leave the filter out.....since its larger media than the Airdog filter it would serve no purpose but you could at least leave the housing in place with the WIF sensor and fuel heater hooked up. The only thing you'd need is a couple more JIC fittings.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for all your help. I have opted to just bypass the filter housing for now until i can figure out what i need to make it all work. It will get me through the summer and i may look into figuring out what i need toward the end of the summer as the winters here can get close to 0*F and stay there for a couple days at a time. So the fuel heater may be handy. I was thinking that is where it was but wasn't completely sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.