Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a 2010 egr/ cooler delete and delete pipe, at idle sometimes she'll go from 4.6kpsi to 5.4kpsi and back down just not sure the reason

Sent from my C771 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
257 Posts
Any difference in rpm or engine sound when this happens? I ran rail pressure on my BlackMaxx for a while but you really don't need it. If it makes idle and full you're good to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the rpm ticks up really lightly, I think its the ac condenser cycling or maybe the grid heater cycling, cause it typically only happens in the morning on first start when its cold. Does this make sense to you at all??

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Yeah the rpm ticks up really lightly, I think its the ac condenser cycling or maybe the grid heater cycling, cause it typically only happens in the morning on first start when its cold. Does this make sense to you at all??

where do you live? my grid heater hasn't been operating/needed for like 4 months now.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Mines been doing the same thing. I did the arson III kit thinking it was the FCA but that didn't take care of it either. Next is a RP sensor. I get no white smoke at idle so I'm ruling out injectors. Mine jumps around a lot at idle intermittently and you can hear it in the engine sound and it'll get choppy. Sometimes it even feels like it surges slightly when cruise is set on a flat road at 50+mph.

·
Registered
604 Posts
CP3 upgrade. I was thinking my FCA was causing the problems so the kit comes with a new FCA so I went that route and still have the problem...but more fuel!

·
Registered
604 Posts
52k miles. Airdog2, intake, smart TNT, wicked diesel arsonIII, EGR/DPF delete, rail plug, quadzilla boost fooler. I can monitor my lift pump pressure and rail pressure and when the fluxuation happens my lift pump pressure remains constant and only RP dips/rises.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Try wiggling your rail pressure harness while its running. I just did and mine had a bad connection as the idle jumped around bad as i wiggled it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Its the sensor located closest to the firewall on the end of the fuel rail. My ISSPRO guage has a piggy back harness that gives you two inputs to go to the gauge and when I wiggled that it about stalled out and idle jumped real bad. Made a good connection on it and it idles like a champ now. Make sure it's not corroded up and makes a good connection.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have a 06 5.9 and she does the same thing around 50MPH... il try this fuel pressure sensor wiggle and see if i can fix this problem! i also have a piggy back wire for my RP guage... when shes cold it seems to do it worse but i could be just looking for it! but my RP guage swings sometimes 2K in pressure at 50 set on cruise.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts