Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After MP-8 install and fuel rail shims......
My fuel rail actually cracked and started spewing fuel. May be coincidence.....

Dealer is replacing under warranty since I only have 8,500 miles on my truck. still sucks. walked outside one morning and smelled fuel-- huge puddle under my truck :(

·
Registered
331 Posts
Are you sure you didnt forget to put the O ring back on the valve before you put it in. I forgot and had to take the whole thing apart again cause it was leaking just like you say. I caught it right away. Wish my GF was not rushing me for dinner when Im working.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Did the dealer happen to say anything about your 5" tbe? Did they even notice it? Did they tell you that the fuel rail fix is out of warranty since you put a 5" tbe on it? :lol3:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They didnt say anything about the exhaust. I am a technician at the Subaru dealership directly next door to the dodge store. so they kinda know me.
Its not leaking from the o-ring. the fuel rail itself cracked near one of the injector lines.
they keep tryin to do that G30 recall every time I come in. and every time i say NO!!!!!!! dont mess with it

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Guys,

That fuel rail is a pretty heavy cast piece and for it to have cracked I would say you had some pressure on it for sure. I might even be wanting to have a look see at the injector nozzles after that LOL...

I had the G30 done, I actually got my dealer to get the stuff for me and I changed it all out myself and took them the old back, let them get the credit for it. Its not that big a deal if you ask me... Now mine is the 07 MY and yours is a 08' so there may be something different with those???

If I was you, I would get on good grounds with them and get them to let you do all the work on the recall and/or warranty stuff on your on truck dude, let them file the claim and get what little money DC pays for the labor. I know my dealer told me that DC dosn't pay much on any warranty labor, so ever little bit you could help them with your truck like this would be good for the both of you if you ask me...JIMO

·
Registered
319 Posts
:agree2: If they are going to be cool about the exhaust I would praise them. I have heard too many stories about the dealer not being too happy about it. I wonder what mine will say if I have to take it in:thud:

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
dealers don't much care if it's a piece that they don't have to call DC about...if it's an injector, or turbo they wouldn't have been near as cool

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chrysler pays about $55-60 per hour on warranty labor. When the dealer submits a warranty claim. they have to list the technician who did the work in order to get paid. Recall parts do not have to get sent back- however a percentage of warranty repairs DO get called back.
There is no way no how that a dealer would let someone do warranty repairs themselves then bring the old parts back......aint gonna happen. they would be held accountable for it

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Well, me being from the oilfield and lived in the middle of nowhere most of my life and the closest town was pretty small on today's standard, I must be that exception to this "no way no how a dealer going to let someone do warranty work and bring the parts back"; I need to also say I am not only lucky but very glad to be this exception!!! LOL...

I can say this for a fact too, as the only warranty work I ever had done that required anything other than a reflash was DC told them to R&R the transfer tube and the EGR cooler valve assembly on mine. Well you can just guess who did all this and brought the used parts to the dealer. I even tried to buy the old parts from them and they told me they will be held for a call tag... Sorry if I have disappointed anyone, but I have alot better dealer than most. One that understands what a guy has to do when he or she is trying to make a living with a truck and sometimes you only have the weekend to make a change on the truck to try and keep your business going...

·
Retired Engineer
557 Posts
You have Weekends off! Some people have ALL the luck. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts