Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what my options are for a fuel pump(s?) for my 95-f350 cummins swap. It's currently a gas pot, and I am not sure how the dual tank switch will work? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am kind of lost.

-Matt

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a 96-97 crew cab short bed and it is currently a gas rig. Due to the way Ford dual tank systems work I will either install the powerstroke lift pumps or rewire the current stuff to power an actual diverter valve and aftermarket lift pumps. I haven't made my mind up yet. I don't think the gas pumps will work since diesel is so much thicker. Maybe someone else can chime in?

·
Registered
393 Posts
94.5 -97 PSD trucks didn't have tank mounted pumps.They used a engine mounted lift pump pulling from a selector valve mounted on the frame.You can see how I ran mine for another option on webshots below my sig.I haven't done the rear tank yet though.It will just be a storage tank with a separate pump to fill the front tank.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So after reading through the ford-cummins install manual it says using the lift pump on the motor will work just fine? Just curious what you guys think about that.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just go with the AirDog. Way easier and better. Not to mention room to grow.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know you guys recommend Airdog, but I can get better pricing on the FASS systems. Anything to worry about with them? And how do I figure out which pump/kit I will need? It's not going into a sled puller, it's just a daily driver which for now will just have the VE pump turned up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts