Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

fuel pump problems?

547 8
I have a 2002 cummins with a edgew/attitude stacked on a superchips programmer and 4 inch turbo back and full kand n intake. I floored my truck off a stop sign and cracked a fuel line so while i had the line off i put new 150horse injectors in it and when i started the truck there was smoke coming out of the fuel tank. I took it to a shop and they thought that it was the injector pump so i put a dragonfire vp44 on it and it ran for about 5 minutes then died. While it was running in those 5 minutes it was still smoking out of the take though. anyone with similar problems or and advice would be really appreciated because i have no idea where to go from here
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,329 Posts
Holy crap! Where does the smoke come from, the filler? Whats your fuel pressure, and are there any other mods to the truck?

· Registered
1,329 Posts
Oh and take that stupid hypertech off of it before you really mess something up. Thats too much timing.

· Premium Member
3,328 Posts
Knowing the exact fuel pressure reading would help.

Is the "smoke" fuel vapor? Electrical? Smell like exhaust?

Other than perhaps fuel vapor resulting from outrageously high fuel pressure, I really can't imagine how you could get "smoke" out of a fuel tank but is sounds very dangerous if it is actually smoke.

· Registered
1,329 Posts
no other mods to the truck and my fuel pressure is good and we have no idea where the smoke is coming from just that it is out of the tank. I already took the superchip off
Ok.. So what is good fuel pressure?

If you know smoke is coming from the tank that means you can see it right? Where do you see it coming from? :doh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.