Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99 2500 all stock, dude put an autozone go-kart looking fuel pump right next to the tank with about 30 feet of rubber line running to the fuel filter. My truck starts up and will idle all day, then it will stall when i rev it to 2 grand. I am going to say I have no fuel pressure, and or a leak somewhere. Can someone tell me if theres a pump in the tank or something and where I can get that pump and stock METAL lines. Thanks in advance! btw, just replaced the crank sensor because I read it could be the problem with my whole dead peddle thing...

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Have you checked the fuel pressure yet? that is first and foremost.... Without the facts you will keep changing parts without true cause.

Second, get a code reader and get codes.... It is not uncommon for the IP to fail if you have fuel pressure issues.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant read my codes until i find a pin-out for the obd2 port, the last idiot that had the truck cut the port off.... Where would I check for fuel pressure at?

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
If you can find a liquid filled gauge with a shrader fitting you can get it right off the fuel filter housing.

OBDII port is cut out of the truck, yikes....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea im in hell with this truck, but i got it for 3 grand so ill suck it up, 160,000 miles, 4x4 quad cab, hey why not right?

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
I would head to a wreck yard and get a new port and leave a bit of wire on it. Then you can re-wire back and match colors as you go...

As for fuel pressure testing it should be test forward of the fuel filter. Here is the testing of the fuel pump...

Lift Pump Diagnostics

1 - 7 of 7 Posts