Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running the edge ez with the fass fdrp pump will this give me enough fuel pressure? I always use 2 stroke oil to keep the pump lubed up too?

·
Registered
560 Posts
It should, I'd still recommend a fuel pressure gauge to be sure

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where do you hook the fuel psi gauge up at?

·
Registered
617 Posts
I wuld deff recomend a fuel press guage. With the factory screw adjustment I culd suck it down to 5psi not even wot and around 15 idle. I adjusted it right away to 20 idle and and 7 wot. I dont like it at all tho. It dont flow like i thought it wuld. Any sugestons how to get it to flow more without upgrading? Is it worth it to buy a bigger line to go from fuel filter to vp for $30?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope that 30 kit will helps us out some!

·
Registered
560 Posts
I don't think a bigger line would make that much difference, could be wrong. I'd be worried to at anything under 10psi (and I still really don't feel comfortable with anything under 14psi)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If a guy wasn't running enough fuel psi how long til the pump dies out on you?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Depends how bad it pressure was and other factors, but a gauge is cheaper than a injection pump

·
Registered
617 Posts
vulcan performance sells bout the cheapest fuel line from fuel filter to vp with the T fitting for a fuel press guage. $35 and maybe a lil more for ship.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
fass DDRP is not enough for ANYTHING over stock. Even FASS reps will tell you this. DDRP pumps are for 100% stock trucks only. if performance modified in any way, DDRP can't keep up because it only flows as much as a stock lift pump.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anything I can do to help this fdrp pump?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Otherwise the only option I have is to upgrade to something like a 150gph pump? But I'd have to have someone install that on top of the $400 for the pump

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
depends on your plans for power in the future...

anything stock to about 500hp a 95/100GPH pump can handle just fine.

over 500hp would be better matched to a 150GPH pump.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't have plans to ever add more power just my dd, but isn't the factory replacement pump flown2.5 times as much as the stock carter?

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
fuel pressure gauge will tell the whole story.

I would get one installed ASAP.

isspro mechanical 0-30psi with a needle valve and napa airbrake line will get the job done.

pillar or column mount it for a nice simple install.

long as you can stay above 10psi at all times, including hammering down with a load on the truck, then your lift pump is fine. but if it dips below 10psi, it cant keep up.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright thanks for your help!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.