Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
So what are we waiting for?

·
Registered
11 Posts
i got some land they can pay me for to use and make fuel and im in new mexico! lol this sounds realy too good to be true but who knows it might be.

·
Registered
148 Posts
dude, its like it is perfect!

the main product makes jet fuel, and diesel, and the bi-product can be used to make ethanol fuel. could you imagine what the prices of fuel would be if we used this?

i bet really low. america would be independant

·
Dey took er jerbs!
1,741 Posts
sign me up!

·
Banned
333 Posts
You know the oil companies are saying "whatever" but watch and see if this new breed of making diesel fuel surpasses any other methods like the failed corn crops which would only make every other food we eat now sky rocket in price because of supply in demand.

I'm building my own Bio diesel maker in a few months, even if I buy the used oil from the people that pick it up from the resturants i'm money ahead, plus the Govt, won't get a dime from me or OPEC.

:beer

·
Registered
101 Posts
So....y ou can make your own DIY SVO or biodiesel reactors. When are we going to see plans for the DIY algae reactor? 20,000 gallons a year sounds amazing, just imagine someone who owned hundreds of acres!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Its a nice thought, but whoever is responsible for this invention will either be payed off, or end up dead, because oil companys will do whatever it takes to make sure they are on top.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hooray oil dependent by 2030. And oil companies will invest in this and already have. Its yet another way to make cash, and with the processing, land, employment, technology etc. costs you'll probably save $3.00 a gal. Hell, I'd take that in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Its a nice thought, but whoever is responsible for this invention will either be payed off, or end up dead, because oil companys will do whatever it takes to make sure they are on top.
now thats funny right there:lol3:

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Wonder if I can put one of those reactors in my garage and replace the Bio Pro190...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've actually read quite a bit about this. There was an article in Popular Science magazine a few months back. It sounds really promising. Plus we don't eat the stuff so we're not using food for fuel which makes no sense to me either. I just wish the USA would get off the couch and DO something about becoming energy independent. I sure hope we're increasing the price big time on the wheat & other grain we sell to the OPEC countries.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
that would be so freak'n awsome guys...........but will we see this happen in our lifetime. I hope so.:thumbsup

·
Registered
370 Posts
why are we just sitting here? lets do it!!!
the technology is good, the theory works, and it is in the realm of possibility.
so why not band together, start a corporation, and do it as a grassroots effort?
10,000 investors at $100 each (thats less than 1 tank of fuel!) equals one million dollars. thats enough to get started isnt it?

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
i got $100 on it...............or more if this is some serious stuff. ill put $10000 on it. been looking to invest too.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Watch the Hippies will somehow say that this is a bad idea, suppose the bacteria are able to go get out of the reactor and contaminate lakes making them oil vats.

·
Registered
46 Posts
.. or someone will try to say that algae has rights too.. :thud:

1 - 20 of 117 Posts