Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help please! have recently performed extensive upgrades to my 1999 3/4ton 4x4 24v 5.9.
The only problem that I am having is low fuel presure readings when I floor it.
Ugrades:
* BD Super Bee Turbo
* BD Exhaust Manifold
* Edge Juice/ Attitude
* Pureflow Airdog 150
* Volant Air Cleaner
* Ats Intake Manifold
* Edge Injectors 110hp
Worked with tech at Pureflow and we have tested 3 lift pumps with the same resulst....I dont think the problem is in the lift pump. problem does not always happen..also getting DTS...sorry dont have DTS info with me.
Maybe trouble at the Preasure Sensor? Edge is sending me another Sensor to test.
Any help would be appreciated...
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
I would say poor lift pump quality but after 3 pumps I would hope not.

Put a manual pressure gauge on it... possibly a bad VP44, let us know what the code is when you find out.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yeah is it a little red light? and when you give it gas it goes soild?

If so i think that you have a BD low fuel pressure kit. and the sending unit is bad... just get a new one they are like $60. i think thats the problem because all that stuff is putting way more fuel then stock. So the light should be not even close to turning on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dts report - p0113 & p01693.
received from EDGE a fuel preasure sensor the type that came with the EDGE JUICE/ATTITUDE to test and see if the problem is in a faulty sensor - results the same low fuel preasure on wide open throtle and results are the same on all levels on the EDGE module.
Got a hold of a analog gauge, set it up to test and to verify readings from the EDGE fuel preasure sensor and analog gauge both connected to the vp44 inlet port.
Results confirmed fuel preasure drop 19 - 20 to 8, 7 , 4, 3, 1 during wide open throtle, normal readings at idle no problem.
What the hell is it?
Talked to EDGE and they said that they can check & test the JUICE/ATTITUDE if I want dont know if I should.
Is it possible if I can speak too you dirrectly for more details.

Thanks,

George

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
Absolutely... call me 800-887-5030 ext 105

When you say your fuel pressure is getting that low, 5, 4, 3, 2 even 1, that's too low, despite what reading you are getting at idle. Third pump or not, that is not adequate fuel pressure for WOT and is the reason you are getting low fuel pressure warnings.

The codes you got do not sound related to the fuel pressure.

P0113 Intake Air Temp To High
&
DTC detected in the ECM or PCM

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey and you might wanna try to change your fuel filter... that might be all clogged and not letting fuel go thought it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts