Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Fuel Pressure

858 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Compcowboy
Whats the simplest and cheapest way of adding a incab fuel pressure gauage prolly 0-30 psi??? I got rail pressure but really want the other fuel pressure.

Also, what other gauges are important to have other then what edge insight carries. Them miles are racking up quick and i wanna be on the ball before breakdowns happen. I havent changed my 3 fuel filters in 25k miles. Ive been runnin alot of b15 lately and currently ran b50 of 50 gallons that im in the process of filling it up again with regular b15. Curious if my filters prolly need changing very soon now, ya think?? i got a 7, 2, 10 micron to tank setup?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,565 Posts
When I was scoping out gauges the cheapest for fuel pressure were the mechanical gauges with an isolator, the simplest seemed to be the electric however some have questioned the reliability of the electric sending units - my electric (Pricol) has been holding up fine.

In my opinion a real oil pressure gauge is a good thing to have; I contend (with much disagreement from other members) that the dash oil pressure gauge is fake and is nothing more than an oil pressure indicator and my experience thus far has been that it reads nowhere close to the autometer gauge that I have installed.

· Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I was scoping out gauges the cheapest for fuel pressure were the mechanical gauges with an isolator, the simplest seemed to be the electric however some have questioned the reliability of the electric sending units - my electric (Pricol) has been holding up fine.

In my opinion a real oil pressure gauge is a good thing to have; I contend (with much disagreement from other members) that the dash oil pressure gauge is fake and is nothing more than an oil pressure indicator and my experience thus far has been that it reads nowhere close to the autometer gauge that I have installed.
What about oil pressure on insight??

· Washington Chapter Vice President
5,035 Posts
I got one made by Glow shift. Its a decent gauge, seems to work fine. Its not nearly as fancy as a DiProcol or anything but it works. Only was 39 bucks or something like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.