Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here’s the deal, I’m having fuel pressure issues according to my edge. I drove about 500 miles parked over night temps got into the 20’s started the next morning like normal let it warm up and drove it into town, when I got on the main road about quarter throttle in my edge started beeping and My fuel psi dropped to 3 and stayed like that till I let off. I let off about 5 seconds later and just eased it up to speed. My normal fuel psi cold or hot is 13-14 at idle and 11-12 @ wot. I have a air dog 125 and wix filters. Stock pump removed. Edge juice like mentioned earlier. Filters changed within the last 2500 miles. Any ideas what’s going on with the truck? Fuel temps were normal 60* ish when cold and 98* when warm

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
It would not be normal for gelling at that temp but you will have to compare it to late afternoon, maybe after running for a couple of hours to warm the fuel by the motor. and see if it is happening when warm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it does it when warm or cold now. Seems like the fuel psi doesn’t fluctuate as bad when warm but I still see some un wanted numbers at throttle still. So yes it does it warm and cold. Morning or evening

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drove the truck for 4 hrs today and the fuel pressure got slightly better the warmer the fuel got but still not back to normal. At half throttle Im getting 2 psi

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
If you have nothing like a clogged filter or other intake restriction you likely have a bad Airdog, not the first lately. Also check the spring in the Schroeder valve for broken. It is possible they break and do not hole proper pressure.

·
Registered
762 Posts
A couple of my airdog pumps were having erratic fuel pressure, the pressure relief valve on the return line fitting was stuck. (By stuck the ball was stuck in the spring) I'm not sure if the newer pumps are the same. Something to look into.

·
Registered
7,720 Posts
I have to pull the spring/make it a bit longer on the relief valve on my Holley pump every once inna while to get the pressure back up..

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
If it ain't broke I would not mess with it. If it is broken, relocate it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fixed the issue fellas, on my return line like you guys said there was a spring with a ball and the ball was stuck up in there I pulled the ball and bent the spring so the ball wouldn’t find it’s way back in, now back up to 14-15 psi constant. Thanks for all the help guys!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Fixed the issue fellas, on my return line like you guys said there was a spring with a ball and the ball was stuck up in there I pulled the ball and bent the spring so the ball wouldn’t find it’s way back in, now back up to 14-15 psi constant. Thanks for all the help guys!
Glad you got going!

·
Registered
7,720 Posts
Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
In the meantime buy a new when you can, they are about 40 bucks, or used to be anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts