Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody take a picture of where and how they tied into the system. And im still trying to figure out what the heck that little needle is for and where it goes. Thanks

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
are you talking about pressure to the cp3

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea i have the banjo bolt, and im trying to find out what the steps are for hooking all of this stuff up. From the guage to the isolator i under stand but where to put the isolator and then what to do from the isolator to the point where i tie into the fuel system is where im stuck. Thanks guys for the help im stuck

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
O and that little needle is a part of the big injector that you fill the 1/8 clear tubing up with. so ive figured that out, but i also need to know what to do after its all hooked up, with bleeding all the line and such.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
if you do not have a vacuum pump it is easer to use the banjo bolt on the cp3 it is the one that pointed up and is the line he shows from the bottom of the filter , on either location i use a 18" grease gun hose and screw it into the taped banjo bolt , on the other end i connect the isolator or snubber and connect a oil pressure gauge install kit with a 16psi gauge ,all of the fittings are with the kit ,i think you bought a total kit that may have some of this stuff on the isolator if you will use glycerin instead of the antifreeze it will work better you need to push enough of it into the isolator to push a diaphragm down and fill the tube with it , i bleed the connection at the hose and isolator before i connect the isolator but it is not necessary . the isolator acts as a snubber and really helps with noise and needle shake, it is sold with the idea you do not have diesel fuel in the tube to the gauge in the cab every truck and heavy equipment factory installed fuel pressure gauge since the early 1900's has diesel in the tube , no isolator if you are thinking of a fass or other pump you need to start off with a 30 lb gauge ,with the stock use the Baldwin 5 micron filter and only change when the loaded psi drops 2 or 3 lbs from normal a dirty filter filters better than a new filter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts