Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fuel Pressure Gauge Line

Installing a Isspro FP guage. What type of line do I need to run from my tapped banjo to the gauge? Obviously I'm not the isolator setup.

Also how do I go about bleeding this line?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can get steel braided line from summit. Im going to do this on mine. Because the Isolator SUCKS! my leaks very very slowly.
Do they already have npt fittings on the line?

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
I have a 1/4" line on my 98 because it is what I had laying around. I have 1/8" line (like the little line commonly used on mechanical oil pressure gauges) on my 96. I put a restrictor orifice at the engine end on both trucks so If I did spring a leak it would be a slow one and it helps squelch the lift pump pulses on the 96.

There is no need to bleed the line since the air pressure in the line is the same as the fuel pressure. The compressibility of the air in the line also helps protect the gauge from pulses in the fuel pressure.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
10-4... so just hook the line to my tapped banjo.. route to the gauge and away we go.. perfect. thanks!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also.. if i source a steel line locally, what fittings do I need, 1/8" NPT?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I used 1/8 Stainless Steel line with a needle valve.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have a banjo bolt tap if you want it. It came with qaud chip. Im tired of it sitting on my desk. So if you want it Send me 2-3 bucks an Ill mail it your way lol

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,292 Posts

I used a oil pressure kit... The nylon tubing is rated for 100+ PSI I doubt a 15 PSI pump is going to blow it out...:rof

The oil pressure kit can be found at autozone for $8 bucks... Just use hot water to soften the tubing and it will route without a hitch...

Then with the needle valve if it does leak just shut it down and no worries...:thumbsup

As for bleeding its not required...

Mine been in for over 4 years now and not a problem.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a banjo bolt tap if you want it. It came with qaud chip. Im tired of it sitting on my desk. So if you want it Send me 2-3 bucks an Ill mail it your way lol
I just picked one up from Diesel Manor, thanks anyways!

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,292 Posts
I've got like 4 of the laying in a box in my garage from all the Carter campaign pumps I bought... :rof

1 - 11 of 11 Posts