Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at getting a FP gauge and was wondering where you tapped for the sensor unit? Anyone have pics? Also which is better, electronic or mechanical? 0-30? 0-60? 0-100?

And K2, if you read this, do you carry the pillar mount for the edge that has room for 1 guage?

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have a 0-30. It's mounted on the a pillar using the SRT-10 pillar. Vulcan made up a line for me that has a fitting in the hose itself. Im running a mechanical with an issolator. But im only seeing around 7 PSI FP and 5 at WOT.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I have an electric 0-30, the sender is 'banjo bolted' to the inlet of the engine mounted fuel filter.

Seeing about 9 at idle and around 6 WOT on a stock engine.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
CC,

I just got through mounting both the 30psi on the fuel lift pump for that end of the fuel system and the fuelrail pressure guage for the other end. I just knew I needed to do this to see how much I was running out of fuel on the 6.7...

Now mine are both electric units and I got the fuel sender unit in a 1/8"NPT for the 30psi unit and put this right behind the 2 micron filter I put in the system in front of the tank.

The fuelrail system plugs into the sensor on the back of the fuel rail and then the OEM plug goes into the other side of it. Then you hook up on both units the switched B+(12V), the chassi ground and then a running light switched power that is not the dimmer wire. I got all this under the dash and right under the white plastic cover where all the wires gather and go through the firewall. The plastic cover snaps on all four corners. The ground I drilled the aluminum frame work under the dash.

White wire with a gray trace is the running lights switched power that is not the dimmer circuit...
The switched B+ circuit came from a smaller red wire that I will have to get the color of the trace on if you need that also, sorry I don't remember the color of the trace off the top of my head:(

I see 9psi at idle and 6-7psi on a hard run. Rail pressure is 3-5K at idle and 24 at wfo, at least for now. I have only had mine all working today so more info later. I used the Autometer 2" cups to mount mine on the pillar right above the height of the Attitude on the dash. Dipricol-white face guages look really nice and like the OEM units day or night.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
cool. I wonder it that plug in the fuel rail will mess up the MP-8 or to hook it up before or after. Thanks for the info guys. I think i am gonna do rail pressure and FP when i do it.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Dude,

With the MP8 and a railpressure guage, you will need to plug the railpressure guage into the manifold first and stack your MP8 on it. That is how the instuctions said anyway...

I did make a post on a thread I started, not wanting to hy-jack anyone elses. You might check it out dude. I did have some interesting stuff with RFI happen, but got lucky and was able to figure it out quickly and get it all up and running... Here is a link to my thread if you want to see it also...

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-7l-performance-parts-discussion/63648-new-fuel-guages.html#post629787

1 - 6 of 6 Posts