Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im want to put my fuel gauge in between my filter and the vp44. What psi gauge do i need to get. what should my pressure be at normally. Should i put it before the filter or after. Also does anyone have a list or anything for the parts to plumb it?

-Jeremy

·
Cummins Fanatic
880 Posts
Im want to put my fuel gauge in between my filter and the vp44. What psi gauge do i need to get. what should my pressure be at normally. Should i put it before the filter or after. Also does anyone have a list or anything for the parts to plumb it?

-Jeremy
After the filter for sure. That way you know if you need to change the filter. 5 psi MINIMUM!

·
Registered
205 Posts
After the filter. There is a replacement bolt that is drilled and tapped to provide a port at the connection on the VP-44. This way you can use a grease gun hose to isolate engine vibrations from the guage sender. If you install a T at the other end you can run the sender for the guage and one for an idiot light as a back up to grab your attention. I got all the stuff at H-Depot for about $12 (1/8" pipe thread brass), the sender was $13 at Freightliner (part #3408705) and the guage you by will come with a sender for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts