Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very early 24V (FEB 1998) that I'm getting ready to install a fuel pressure gauge on. So I read some threads, watched some videos, and then realized my truck was different from what I had seen. Every one I saw had a filter housing top with six ribs and nothing else. Mine has a bolt-on filter housing, and the top has both lines running through it, plus two plugs. I think mine is like a 94-98 12V. I bought a snubber for the pressure tranducer, which I plan to put into one of the plugged ports. Which one should I use? Please see the attached pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess I've answered my own question. For some reason, I didn't get this result until just now when looking for info about my setup. So I guess either port will do.

Reactions: RDieselZ

·
Registered
424 Posts
Mine was built Jan '98 and is same as yours. You want your sending unit on the plug closest to the canister nut in the center. That's the after-filter plug. My sending unit came with a 45 degree angled fitting, which keeps the sender out of the way of the canister nut

·
Registered
21,299 Posts
Your filter is factory stock throught at least 99. You can use the ports on top for gauge if you like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts