Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am asking this question for my son that is in college and away from home.He has a 02 5.9 auto 4x4 with an Edge Attitude programmer.It shows the fuel pressure and he says it used to show 33psi and now it has dropped to 7psi.I told him to check/change the fuel filter but I was wonderring if ya'll thought this may be a false reading or something going on with the fuel pump or injector pump?He says the truck is not running any different???Where do I tell him to start?:confused013:

·
On call 24/7
12,570 Posts
First off 33 is way to high and 7 is to low. Fuel filter is cheap so I would change it anyway but it might be time for a new lift pump but dont get a POS factory replacement, look at an airdog or fass.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.Do you think the Edge is giving him a false reading or are they pretty close?

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Does he have a fuel pressure Isolator or is it electric.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The truck is stock besides the Edge Juice w/Attitude.

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Soo he is getting the fuel pressure from the attitiude monitor then so I would say that it could be something witht he monitor or sensor. I would check it with a manual gauge and compare the results.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What should the pressure actually be?
I told him he may need to check it with a gauge but in school and working after school he is pretty busy.
Can you tell me what he would need to check it and how?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
no more than 20 and no less then 10

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I suppose the Airdog and the Fass takes place of the factory fuel filter housing and pump?You just do away with them and install these?

·
On call 24/7
12,570 Posts
Yes, you remove the stock pump and housing.

·
cumminsforum.com
26,302 Posts
I suppose the Airdog and the Fass takes place of the factory fuel filter housing and pump?You just do away with them and install these?
Yes sir...

It takes the place of...

* All plumbing in the truck from the fuel tank to the injection pump.
* It completely replaces the stock filter and water separator. (2 Micron filter)
* Get rid of all those choking banjo bolts

Just compare... 6mm ID stock line to 1/2 ID AirDog line...:hehe:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tell me which part number on the Airdog do ya'll recomend for the 02 2500 4x4?
I take it that the electriclift/fuel pump is getting weak?

·
On call 24/7
12,570 Posts
airdog 150 gph, I think its still on sale from our sponsors.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all of ya'lls help.I told him to read the posts on the forum.He is a member as well but very busy.:yourock:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts