Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I need to upgrade my fuel pump. Because when I get on it with the Smarty programs with the added timing it rattles pretty good. I just loaded the DR11 and it still does the rattle with the added timing. And my fuel rail is shimmed also. So this is what I think is going on is that the fuel pressure at my gauge is about 11psi at idle and when it get on it pretty good it goes down to about 6 psi its hard to watch it but I been watching it close now it mite go as low as 5psi but it's hard to watch the gauge and drive. I think this is why I get the timing rattle on the Smarty programs with the added timing. I think it's time for a fuel pump upgrade like Airdog or Fass fuel. What do all of you think and what kind of fuel pressure do you all see at your guage when your getting on it pretty good?

· Registered
446 Posts
I used to get down to about 4 psi under wot but the rattle is not from your fuel pressure at the cp3. It is from the timing added to the motor we all have it with a smarty

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to get down to about 4 psi under wot but the rattle is not from your fuel pressure at the cp3. It is from the timing added to the motor we all have it with a smarty
What do you do about the timing rattle in your truck. I would like to run it on the odd # tunes but the rattle makes me sick. I guess I will just run it on the even # for now. I thought I had it figured out but I guess I not.

· Registered
446 Posts
I don't worry too much about it odd numbers get better fuel economy IMHO. I do roll into the throttle as much as I can and when I am towing I keep my foot out of it until 2000 rpm it seems to go away with rpms or I can not hear it anymore above everything else

· Registered
586 Posts
usually if you run the rail low on fuel you will get a p1011 code, which is low fuel pump delevery pressure. and even with my air dog i still get it some times.

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
usually if you run the rail low on fuel you will get a p1011 code, which is low fuel pump delevery pressure. and even with my air dog i still get it some times.
Well I get it all the time, I always wait till I get it up to temp and then I get on it and it's pretty loud. It seems like if I get into it slower it is not as bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.