Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so the truck (98.5 24v) sat for a week in very cold weather, It started alright but the fuel pressure would not rise past 10psi. I decided to go ahead and replace the fuel filter and water separator as a precaution. After replacing the filters the truck started without any problem. But the fuel pressure was at about 11psi, then it would rise to 14 or 14.5 for a few seconds then go back down to 10, every few seconds it would either rise or sink a few psi. Never getting below 9 or above 14.5psi. With the pressure pretty much staying around 10psi, I've been scared to drive it.
Any idea what the issue could be? Is is just because it's so cold out? and should I drive it to see if it levels off on its own?

I appreciate anyones input.
Thanks.
Garrett

Truck info is in the signature.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sounds like cold fuel. Probably on the verge of gelling. Get some anti gel in it and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.
Last time I filled up (2 weeks ago) I put the proper mixture of Power Source Diesel Fuel Supplement into the tank. But since it hasn't been driven much it probably hasn't mixed completely yet? Should I still go get some AnitGel and would it be safe to drive now?

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
What's the temp? Might throw some anti gel into it and see. What voltage are you seeing at the pump when this is happening?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Outside temp? I think today is 19 but wind chill is 4. Past couple nights the temp alone has been around -4 to 0.
Ill probably pick up some Antigel.
Voltage is real low while the grid heater is going. I wait till it stops and volts rise to about 10-11V then start it. While its running it's usually around 16V but I did notice it drop to around 13-14V every once and a while, while idling. I think the voltage drop is from the grid heaters cycling through?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My main concern is whether I can drive it to the store to buy some Anti gel or not?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha seems like good advice!

Thanks for everyone's responses

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.