Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1997 5.9 12v 3500 Dwr
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I’m either going to get a 10 or 11 fuel plate and just looking around online the prices are wildly different I don’t know if this is strictly branding I see the industrial pump has another bar in the housing on it it’s not removable like the other one but if anyone can give me any advice on these... I might add a have a 97’ 3500 5 speed 215 pump and 4.10 rear I’m going to use his plates to help with the dismal top in power along with 4K governor springs I’ve already made up my mind up I’m going to be between the 10 and 11.. prob going to grind up defueling hump to fuel to 3200-3500 rpm... please help me understand what I’m paying for here for what I get

$43... XJMOTO #11 Fuel Torque Plate Kit Fit 1994-1998 Dodge Ram 1500 2500 3500 12V 5.9L Cummins Diesel 1994-1998 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WGMKL4W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_8ARS2560V3HEQ3WEP487

$75... #11 Fuel Plate - FP11

$175... Industrial Injection Fuel Plate / Cam Plate 94-98 5.9L Cummins 12 Valve

$237... BD-Power P7100 Fuel Stop Plate

·
Registered
18,350 Posts
That 11 plate for $75 doesn't look like the TST 11 plate. Not in focus, but you can see the difference. The one from Amazon looks like a grade school attempt at fabrication.

·
Registered
1997 5.9 12v 3500 Dwr
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I’ve seen the one for $175 has the cam plate with it and the other one has the cam plate welded onto it if I don’t need a cam plate or rather use the one I already have. And find just the fuel plate, anything I don’t understand here?

·
Registered
1997 5.9 12v 3500 Dwr
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok stock photos aside... both are cut right why would you.. why should I play $100 more for one? I don’t understand ?

·
Registered
18,350 Posts
That's a question you should be asking Industrial Injection.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Another question would be this: why do you want a copycat plate that may or may not be accurate and properly hardened, instead of a TST plate?

·
Registered
1997 5.9 12v 3500 Dwr
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another question would be this: why do you want a copycat plate that may or may not be accurate and properly hardened, instead of a TST plate?
well I don’t even know what tst is, so I’d prob start with ignorance ... is that the gold standard? Just got my 5.9 3 months ago

·
Registered
18,350 Posts
well I don’t even know what tst is, so I’d prob start with ignorance ... is that the gold standard? Just got my 5.9 3 months ago
As I told you in the towing and upgrade thread thread, They did all the testing and design way back when. 94-98 Dodge Ram TST Power Kit

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Drebs17, do you have a bench grinder or a file and a vise?
It's not difficult to change the profile of the plate you already own.
And a piece of emery cloth to tidy and polish up your work afterwards.

You're not engineering a medical instrument here. And it's not something
you can screw up. It'll turn out fine and you'll have accomplished it on your own.
If it doesn't perfectly resemble a TST plate, you'll be the owner of a "custom ground" plate.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Drebs17, do you have a bench grinder or a file and a vise?
It's not difficult to change the profile of the plate you already own.
And a piece of emery cloth to tidy and polish up your work afterwards.

You're not engineering a medical instrument here. And it's not something
you can screw up. It'll turn out fine and you'll have accomplished it on your own.
If it doesn't perfectly resemble a TST plate, you'll be the owner of a "custom ground" plate.
I've found that a 4.5 inch flapper wheel works pretty good at re-shaping the fuel plate and doesn't leave as bad a mess behind (aka, less time needed with the emery cloth at the end).

Reactions: Drebs17

·
Registered
1997 5.9 12v 3500 Dwr
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I do have all the tools im a contractor, I just figured it was something with thousandths of tolerance ...

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I just figured it was something with thousandths of tolerance ...
No not at all. You have to remember that even hillbillies and rednecks are pulling this off.
Check around the internet and you'll find there's all kinds of help.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
To be accurate, yes it is cut to the thousandths. If you don't care how close your fuel curve will be to that of the standard TST plate, then grind your own.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts