Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Fuel plate removal..

1278 6
I moved the original fuel plate all the way forward and turn star wheel towards engine. Then thought why not just go ahead and remove fuel plate. "should I ?" and was wondering am I suppose to slide the AFC housing forward or should I put it back in its stock location?
At this time I am installing EGT and boost gauges.
Figured would find this out while still under the hood.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for link, read that already. Have read a lot just figured why get a plate when one can just keep off the pedal to save trannys and stuff like that. Seems some are just hesitate to run without one.
Dont think tranny will break just because I removed it, just a matter of not doing dually burnouts.
I had also put EGT in and read a lot bout doing it with turbo in or not. And I did it with it in and just used a strong magnet to keep filings out of exhaust, DID REALLY WELL.
Can I post a video on here, took video to show how well the magnet picks up.

· Premium Member
12,495 Posts
Have read a lot just figured why get a plate when one can just keep off the pedal to save trannys and stuff like that.
Many people don't like to have their eyes glued to the pyro all the time and would rather have a plate limit their egts.
This is particularly true when towing when you need to keep your eyes on the road, not a gauge.

· Registered
413 Posts
Many people don't like to have their eyes glued to the pyro all the time and would rather have a plate limit their egts.
This is particularly true when towing when you need to keep your eyes on the road, not a gauge

agreed a #100 has a good power to egt curve

· Registered
6 Posts
Yeah i removed my plate and my clutch will not hold it and i only got a hundred horse injectors wouldnt advise pullin anything tell you get your tranny built

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.