Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bored this weekend so i was gonna try to turn the fuel pin. Any specific procedure on duing this, or just take the cap off the pump and turn the pin?
And how much power would this add?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Take the lid off, pull of the diaphragm, turn the pin...

10 HP?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
On my 89 it was turned almost to the deepest already. The paint was on the bolts that held on the cover and also there was only one area on the pin where it had been riding so I could tell it had not been turned before. It was less than a 1/4 turn from deepest.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did it make much of a difference in power and how about smoke levels. I want my truck to smoke some on acceleration but not huge amounts.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I don't know cause I turned the pin, turned the starwheel, turned the smoke screw, and the full power screw all at the same time. I hit em all while I was there. I did get a blast of smoke when first hit the gas but cleans up under boost. Its good if you wanna smoke those pesky pedal bike riders.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does the smoke screw decrease fuel economy? richie what mpg's are you seeing?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Like any fuel mod if you play around alot the mpg will be worse. I have not checked mpg latley as I have been working on truck and Playing around alot. I am currently waiting for parts so I can't even drive it. I have a few diffrent toys I have picked up over the years and I decided to get this one out due to the fuel issue. I have a 71 lincoln with a 460 365 horse but can't afford to run it. I have a 40 chevy with a 355 small block and can't afford that either. At least I can get 16 to 18 mpg with the cummins if I am not pushing it all the time. The others get maybee 8 or 10 mpg.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how hard is it to turn the smoke screw?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
It is easy. But if you do not have a pryo you shoud get one. I know that the smoke screw won't increase egt's a lot like the fuel screw it is still good to know where you are at. I put on my pryo couple of months ago and my temp was close to max. I had done alittle tweaking and a 16 cm years ago. I am definatly glad I put on the temp cause the next turn on the screw put me to melt down if I held it. Besides gauges are cool!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts